BA Merlin-Olympus Concorde Prop Prototype

Started by Vulcan7, March 26, 2012, 05:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulcan7

BA Merlin-Olympus Concorde Prop Prototype

Revell 1/44 Concorde & Airfix 1/72 Mosquito Merlins

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Quote from: The Rat on March 26, 2012, 05:49:21 AM
My gob has been officially smacked!  :o

Same here  ;D Love the way the colour changes in different lighting from gold to silver
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Army of One

That is spanking.....!!!!! Insane.....!!! Love it..... :thumbsup:.....gotta say that I have thought of kitbashing a kit or two into pushers but have hesitated as I'm not 100% sure about the props an their 'handing'.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

tanktastic43

Mad as ever!

But........

I think it would look better with 4 smaller engines.

Great job!  :thumbsup:

tt43.

Vulcan7

many thanks for the kind comments  :cheers:

Quote from: tanktastic43 on March 26, 2012, 11:20:49 AM

I think it would look better with 4 smaller engines.
tt43.

you could be right, I just liked the look of 2 Giant Merlins somehow, it's not what you'd expect & gives it a 30's feel ;D, also not sure where to get hold of the right scale Merlin style engines for 4?...any ideas....unless I scratch-build?

Pablo1965

A Concorde is always a beauty, but this is a high exponent of  Dieselpunk culture.  :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

PR19_Kit

TOTALLY bonkers!  ;D

But I love it nonetheless.  :thumbsup:

A 1/144 Revell Lancaster would give you 4 Merlins in the right scale, and then you could graft the Olympuses (Olympii?) onto the Lanc!  ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Vulcan7

:cheers: Pablo & Kit
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 27, 2012, 04:23:20 AM
A 1/144 Revell Lancaster would give you 4 Merlins in the right scale, and then you could graft the Olympuses (Olympii?) onto the Lanc!  ;) ;D

Great idea! Kit  :thumbsup:, a supersonic Lanc sounds brilliant, only snag I used this Concorde's engines for my 8 engined Blackswift Concorde, but might be worth a go if I can find any bargin kits?  ;D :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

I have this vision of the BA Maintenance Manager on the phone to the Personel Dept. (Yeah, I KNOW they'd call it 'Human Resources' these days.....)

BAMM : Yes, we really DO need engineers with piston engine experience.

BAMM : I don't care that we made the last ones of those we had redundant in 1955, we need some NOW!

BAMM : If anyone at board level gives you a tough time just say the magic word 'Concorde', OK?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Vulcan7

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 27, 2012, 07:17:03 AM
I have this vision of the BA Maintenance Manager on the phone to the Personel Dept. (Yeah, I KNOW they'd call it 'Human Resources' these days.....)

BAMM : Yes, we really DO need engineers with piston engine experience.
BAMM : I don't care that we made the last ones of those we had redundant in 1955, we need some NOW!
BAMM : If anyone at board level gives you a tough time just say the magic word 'Concorde', OK?  ;D

nice one  :lol: :lol: , if only, you can't beat the beautiful roar of Merlins ....match that with looker that is Concorde  :thumbsup:

Aussie747

Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

raafif

oooh! nice one !! :wub:
               it doesn't look quite "right" without the props turning tho .... can you take a photo while blowing on them ? ;D ;D

you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.