Two FW190 D9's......but whose.....??

Started by Army of One, March 26, 2012, 10:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

.....when I say whose I mean Air Force n not the manufacturer....I bought them cheap of fleabay in Hobby Kits Master Craft boxes....lovely art work....but the disappointing old Hasegawa kit inside (Wooks you were correct....!!)......both kits thrown together,literally,in an evening. Fit ain't great but just wanted to do something quick......I had started on my Sci-Fi drop ship thing but with lack of good time,just an hour or two here n there.....I wanted something to do.
So,under coated and awaiting paint....but whose...?? I know what they will be but anyone got any ideas....?? One will be WW2 the other will be a few years after.....

Many thanks.........H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Post war:
Spain - in overall painted aluminium, like their Hs123's or that really nice deep royal blue their Buchons had.
Israel - overall light blue/grey (light compass grey would look good).
Argentina - Pick a scheme !!

Late WWII
Romanian - in any of the late war schemes, but with lots of yellow theatre markings to lighten-it-up.
Italian - but in the splinter scheme/pattern that those very late G55's had.

HTH

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Army of One

Ya got one right,with slightly different colour......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

perttime

A Finnish one wouldn't be totally far fetched.

Green and black topside, light blue bottom. Blue hakaristi for late WW2, blue and white roundels for post-war, assuming the result of WW2 is about the same as in real life.

Army of One

Well that's the other one.......damn you lot are good...... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hotte

Army of One

Chris ......couple of great builds there....love that Hs123...  :thumbsup:
Hotte.....great paint on the Gustav but my mind is made up...an I got plenty of the decals I'm using but none of the Romanian ones......H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PantherG

So...nice build.... once time I was draw few Finnish "Doras".... Here (down) they are : http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,29685.690.html  and "post-war scheme" is on next page....

Army of One

Panther....the top one out of the two is like the scheme I was going to do.....probably with a lighter blue underside.....my reference is the Osprey aircraft of the aces n obviously the Finnish aces one.....there is one scheme on a 1944 Me109G that I like....with the yellow cowling/wing tip an fuselage band.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

tigercat

http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/axis/luft/koen188.htm

Having just read this review I was going to suggest French post War Aeronavale but look forward to a Romanian / Finnish one

The Wooksta!

AFAIK, they're Polish copies of the original Hasegawa 190D.  That was always a nice kit to build, just not very accurate...

Personally, a Czech Air Police one, in RLM02 with red engine cowl and leading edges would looks spiffing.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

perttime

Quote from: Army of One on March 29, 2012, 06:26:17 PM
there is one scheme on a 1944 Me109G that I like....with the yellow cowling/wing tip an fuselage band.....H
A Google image search should reveal lots of those. Finnish Gustavs started life in German camo and got the darker Finnish colors when it was time to overhaul them.

Army of One

Wooks....the plastic is not as good as the Hase stuff.....it also has a very subtle 'texture' to it....not smooth as a babies like the Hase ones I have in the stash....ur idea may go on the spare I have....
Perttime....there is a profile like that in the aces book,all the others are in Luftwaffe colours an it was that one that was my inspiration.....
Not sure what colour for my Israeli one....grey n sand camo or overall RLM2....or something else....??
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

Overall RLM 02, like the S-199s.  May need a sand filter on the supercharger intake though.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic