Two FW190 D9's......but whose.....??

Started by Army of One, March 26, 2012, 10:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perttime

Quote from: Army of One on March 30, 2012, 08:47:02 AM
Not sure what colour for my Israeli one....grey n sand camo or overall RLM2....or something else....??
A quick search suggests that the Israeli Avia S-199s were not quite RLM 2:

""RAL 6013 (Schilfgrün or "reed green", similar to RAF Hemp). RAL 6013 and RLM 02 only noticeably differ in two respects: RLM 02 is slightly darker and flat, whereas RAL 6013 is a lighter semi-gloss.""
http://101squadron.com/101/colour.html

Grey n sand camo wouldn't look bad ... but, for something different, what about the colors of the famous Black Spitfire?

Army of One

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 30, 2012, 09:18:30 AM
Overall RLM 02, like the S-199s.  May need a sand filter on the supercharger intake though.

Ah......good point n well presented....!!! Think I got some spares from the 109 kits I got....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Perttime......many thanks for the info on the colour....much appreciated....as to the black Spit,yeah I seen some pics of it while researching the S-199 colour.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

A little bit of progress with the Israeli one......

Hope you like........yeah I know the top cowling has a gap.....the model is poor and there are some fit issues....I just wanted to get something done reasonably quickly....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

japsubshunter

Hi I have done Fw190D [ X8 ] in Blue Camo 1/72 Airfix Legends Models - In a What-if Scenario as Mercenary Squadron to Assist the Japanese on the Truk Atoll.

Being new to the forum I still have to figure how the image upload system works on this one.

Army of One

Progress so far......nowhere near show stoppers but I'm happy with result so far....

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Many thanks Chris.....gotta touch up the green....under light it is a bit thin.....needs another coat....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

perttime

I was thinking that the green looked a bit pale, too.

The grey/sand contrast on the Israeli one is sharper than I expected but I don't really know what is right or wrong there.

Army of One

Brush painted.....bit lazy n not used my airbrush in ages.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Slower than expected but progress do far.....a few things left to be done on the Finnish bird...

The white disc I painted on the upper wing was to small so the decal has been touched up....and the crystalkleer glue has yet to dry clear on the canopy.....hope you like....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

matrixone

The Finnish Dora really looks the part. :thumbsup:

Matrixone

perttime

With that number of "kill marks", do you have a particular pilot in mind? You have about a dozen to choose from.