WW2 Spooky

Started by tigercat, March 29, 2012, 11:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 30, 2012, 06:28:30 AM
Try getting hold of one!  The only kit I know of is an obscure, long out of production Contrail vacform.

Handly Page Harrow or a Bristol Bombay (both used in and around the middle east) may be a better bet.  At least you can get hold of them - or will when the Valom kit comes out.

Didn't Maquette do one, with a resin or vacform fuselage included with en ex-Frog Vimy kit? It wouldn't be 100% accurate of course, not even as a Vimy Commercial, but we're not talking JMN levels of fastidiousness here.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

Quote from: darthspud on March 30, 2012, 10:33:00 AM
How about a Short Sunderland/Sandringham?
3 decks to use for weapon systems, massive long range, able to turn on a sixpence and take massive amounts of damage. ;D

Gerroff! I have a Sunderland earmarked for just such a build. It shall be nicknamed First Rate. :wacko:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 30, 2012, 12:51:05 PM
Didn't Maquette do one, with a resin or vacform fuselage included with en ex-Frog Vimy kit? It wouldn't be 100% accurate of course, not even as a Vimy Commercial, but we're not talking JMN levels of fastidiousness here.

Its IM plastic, but so damn thick its as hard as granite.  Ive got one buried deep in the stash.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on March 30, 2012, 03:07:41 PM
Ive got one buried deep in the stash.

Sounds like it's a good place for it to stay!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

sequoiaranger

A couple years back I made "the first gunship", used to "stop" the German advance toward Dunkirk:

As my story goes, the original plane was a mid-thirties design "trench-strafer", designed to rain bullets down on enemy troops in trenches below (re-fighting the First War more effectively), while the top gunner fends off enemy aircraft. One of the "boffins" proposes instead to bank and circle and use BOTH turrets firing inward and downward. Crude, but a "first". The model is "1/72" using a 1/96 FROG Lancaster as a base kit.

OF COURSE that could be expanded/improved upon!  ;D
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sequoiaranger on March 31, 2012, 09:17:31 AM
OF COURSE that could be expanded/improved upon!  ;D

I'm darned if it could! It's BRILLIANT!

As some of my American friends are wont to say 'That's waaaaaay out in left field buddy!'  :thumbsup: :bow: :cheers:

Regards
Kit

Burncycle

C-47 on floats with a couple of 20mm out the window and a 75mm pack howitzer in the door to soften up those islands :thumbsup:

Or perhaps a dauntless dive bomber with a single 20mm replacing the rear gun mounted 90 degrees port, and a bunch of flares