What color was the "spirit of the union pacific"?

Started by coolpop6307, April 01, 2012, 07:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolpop6307

I have a b-17 and I wanted to do this specific plane, but im not sure what the color is. The picture is in black and white so it is kinda of hard to see what color it is  :-\ . Here is the only picture of it.

"I am a tangerine, and no one can see me"
"Your despicable!!"
"EHHHH Whats up doc?"

scooter

Most B-17s, until air superiority was achieved over Germany, were Olive Drab over grey.  The name's probably either white or UP yellow
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

CANSO

Quote from: coolpop6307 on April 01, 2012, 07:32:58 PM
I have a b-17 and I wanted to do this specific plane...
I guess you know the thread with information about this particular a/c in the USAAF-forum here.
And yes, the camo is in olive drab (shade 41) over neutral grey (shade 43).

coolpop6307

Oh okay i see it now :lol: . Thanks guys for helping me.
"I am a tangerine, and no one can see me"
"Your despicable!!"
"EHHHH Whats up doc?"

PR19_Kit

With a name like that it should be Armour Yellow with a big UP shield on the nose.  ;D

Hm, now THERE'S an idea! Our own 'Howard of Effingham' is known to paint various non-railway models in railway colour schemes on occasion, I can see that idea spreading.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Litvyak

OMG, Kit...

A Britannia or a Comet or... ANYTHING... in CPR maroon and grey, or CNR green and gold... that'd look fab!
C-A-NZ-UK!

PR19_Kit

Darn right there, but please don't suggest a B737 in the VIA Rail scheme, that would be a step too far I think!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit