Revell 1/24 AEC Routemaster concepts

Started by McColm, April 02, 2012, 10:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

I think I'd paint it silver, put gull-wing doors on it and a flux-capacitor in it.  Just for that little extra zoom, you know?  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Rheged

Quote from: rickshaw on June 03, 2012, 07:13:26 PM
I think I'd paint it silver, put gull-wing doors on it and a flux-capacitor in it.  Just for that little extra zoom, you know?  ;D

London Transport Service 666.   Walthamstow to Kew Gardens via Rigel, Arcturus and Proxima Centauri.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

raafif

I'm sure I saw a silver Routemaster in 1977 at the Queen's silver jubilee -- don't think it had gull-wings or a flux capacitor either as it was quite slow.

maybe you can go back in time & advise LT to add those items ? :lol:
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

McColm

There was, I've seen gold ones as well for the Golden Jubilee.

Mossie

Quote from: raafif on June 04, 2012, 02:17:37 AM
I'm sure I saw a silver Routemaster in 1977 at the Queen's silver jubilee -- don't think it had gull-wings or a flux capacitor either as it was quite slow.

maybe you can go back in time & advise LT to add those items ? :lol:

I had a Dinky Silver Jubilee bus, quick web search brings it up as a Leyland Atlantean.  I'm pretty sure there were Routemasters available at the time too.

Did anyone see any buses decorated for the Diamond Jubilee this weekend, Routemasters or otherwise?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Martin H

Its not a Routemaster, but this should raise a few smiles

Push ups

For those wanting to know, the bus in question is a Bristol LD6G with eastern coachworks bodywork. And started and ended its UK public service with southern Vectis on the Ilse of wight. before being exported in 1978 and spending the next 33 years with various owners in the Netherlands, prior to its conversion into a piece of "art".
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

pyro-manic

Bizarre.

What about armouring one up with lots of steel plating for a British version of the film The Gauntlet?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

NARSES2

Quote from: pyro-manic on July 23, 2012, 03:55:54 PM
Bizarre.

What about armouring one up with lots of steel plating for a British version of the film The Gauntlet?

Or the route No 2 from West Norwood to Shepherds Bush  :o :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Route no.9 still uses the Routemaster to High Street Kensington.

raafif

EDITED ....

Quote from: pyro-manic on July 23, 2012, 03:55:54 PM
What about armouring one up with lots of steel plating

June 2nd 1974 .....
Russia begins its new push against the West, starting with the isolation of Berlin thus initiating the 2nd Berlin Airlift & employing all cargo aircraft that are available.  Soviet troops slowly advance 50kms eastwards from the border and are temporarily held there by a mix of Bundeswere, British & US forces .....

The NATO "rapid troop reinforcement" plan is instituted but due to massive British Army cut-backs they no longer have sufficient vehicles to do the job, planning to rely on aircraft to move troops.  Unfortunately a major fault has grounded the entire RAF fleet of these aircraft and due to Health & Safety requirements neither foreign-registered, civil or airline aircraft can now be used to move HM troops.

London Transport is in the middle of another strike & its busses sit idle in their sheds.  After an all-night sitting in Parliament, special legislation is passed to commandeer the bus fleet & use it to move our Brave Boys to the Front.  The Dover Ports quickly hear of this & the car-ferry crews rub their hands with glee at the fat pay-packets to be extorted from the Government for ferrying these vehicles across the Channel.

On hearing of the new war-crisis, the bus-driver's union gets all patriotic and, temporarily, recinds the strike -- it was imagined that they would either be conscripted for the duration anyway or replaced by those "untrained Army drivers" ... and they couldn't have that.

The Sovs were a bit slow to get their air-force into action -- after years of restricted flying hours (9am to 8pm) on East German bombing ranges due to noise, the crews had got used to sleeping in & a lazy start to work.  However they finally got up in the air & started dropping frag-bombs on & behind the NATO front-lines.  En-route to Germany the Routemasters (in the hands of their regular drivers & RAF cargo-masters supervising stowage of kit-bags etc) had a quick drab paint-job & shutters added to the windows in an effort to stop the expected frag-splinters - these shutters were a composite of rubber, thin steel & plywood sandwich giving the Routemasters much the same appearance as the old London B-type busses used in WW1.

As in every war, a few songs became synonymous with that war .... for this "1st West War", the song was "We're all going on a Summer Holiday", after the popular movie.

NARSES2

Raafif that is just so British  :bow: :bow: Made me a smile with my toast this morning  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

I agree witht he honourable gent....Briliantly British

But, I want to know what this health and saftey req is that our boys can't use foregin aircraft AND what major fault would ground and entire fleet of aircraft???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

scooter

Quote from: lancer on July 27, 2012, 10:13:17 AM

But, I want to know what this health and saftey req is that our boys can't use foregin aircraft AND what major fault would ground and entire fleet of aircraft???

No lemon soaked paper napkins available in the whole of Britain?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

tigercat

huge flocks of sparrows and canadian geese  blanketing every airport

raafif

Quote from: lancer on July 27, 2012, 10:13:17 AM

thanks guys, I'd return to the UK tomorrow but you wouldn't let me in as, with my desert shorts & pith helmet, I'd upstage you all in being "pucca".

H&S ... "no guns, no knives, no bottles of liquids (water, milk, beer, rum) nothing even remotely sharp, hard or politically incorrect .... never trust, the gyppos, frogs etc etc etc"

Faults ... these days, even a blown indicator-bulb in an instrument is sufficient to ground an entire fleet for a few days .... just in case ... :-\

I did write a bit more to this the other day .... might expand it into a full-blown whiffstory of the Cold War ?