Revell 1/24 AEC Routemaster concepts

Started by McColm, April 02, 2012, 10:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on April 11, 2012, 10:21:27 AM
"JazzMusic"  Schrage Musik   type  anti-aircraft weapons set in the bodywork to defend against  airbourne terrorists, kamikaze pterosaurs, dragons etc.....

..... low bridges........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

How about a Convertible?

or a "dead" one
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Jeez, just how many piccies of RMs do you have OGL?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

How about a '60s psychadelic version, a sort of UK equivalent of "Further":

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Alvis 3.14159

Thunderbird 7. Overall neon orange, designed to assist people who can't afford taxis.

Comes with several banks of lift rockets and a B-58 wing attached for high speed M5 trips.

A 007 Bond bus is also possible, with the Airfix 1/24 Little Nellie parked in the top section, retractable roof and all...

Alvis Pi

Hobbes

A submersible, with the lower deck sealed up and a driver's seat on the top deck. For sightseeing tours of the Thames, driving along the river bed...

Daryl J.

Two very happy U.S. West Coast words:
Taco Truck!    :party: :party: :party:

Or it could be a Burning Man Hippie Bus

Radish

Or you could just paint it blue.

Or....what about the top rear "open" for a band to play "on tour"....living quarters "below"?? Need to be a small band (no, not midgets!!)....I was thinking 3 or 4 max.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Rheged

Quote from: Hobbes on April 11, 2012, 11:30:12 AM
Top deck full of Hedgehog mortars  ;D

Do you mean  to attack hedgehogs, do you mean operated by Captain Tiggywinkle and her troops, or are wemerely hoping to use them to sink U boats?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 11, 2012, 02:21:27 PM
Jeez, just how many piccies of RMs do you have OGL?  :o

A fair few....................

Now if your really interested, I also have large numbers of photos of Leyland Atlantian's, Daimler Fleetline's, Bristol VRT's ect ect ect.  :wacko:

Like I said before, I had quite an interest in buses as a kid. I traveled all over the country with my trusty old Practika MTL50 SLR taking photos of buses and coaches, Most of the time I would be on route to an airport for some plane spotting......Remember when you could do that with out being treated like a potential terrorist at Heathrow or Gatwick?
Unfortunately,

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Unfortunately,

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: Martin H on April 12, 2012, 07:44:23 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 12, 2012, 07:34:50 AM
Quote from: Radish on April 12, 2012, 04:05:22 AM
Or you could just paint it blue.

Bit OTT isn't it ?  ;D

Been done before lol......................

Yep, remember those East Yorkshire Motor Services ones I mentioned?  These were introduced in the late eighties after the Beverley Bar Bus Martin posted, but in a retro livery to suit the Routemasters age (I guess EYMS whiff too).  The EYMS livery was red and white at the time, then burgundy and cream, Routemasters have been in both of those schemes too.  Although they've all been retired from main service, one is kept in the historical fleet.

And guessing what's coming next, pink has been done too!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.