Revell 1/24 AEC Routemaster concepts

Started by McColm, April 02, 2012, 10:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

You mean Roco?

There's the Faller Car System (HO cars that run on a battery and are guided by wires buried underneath the street surface), that would be suitable for creating a trolley bus...

martinbayer

Kit,

Roco, which was Austrian http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roco, did a few trams, but the company you were thinking of is probably BraWa:

http://www.87thscale.info/eheim.htm

http://www.modellbahnboerse.org/brawa01.htm

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

PR19_Kit

Ahah, the Eheim system is the one I was thinking of, no wonder I couldn't find it under Roco.  :lol:

Thanks for reminding me of it.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

wagnersm

And if you are getting tired of little bits as you model this icon, the London Evening Standard in their on-line edition is reporting the auction of "an original 1966 double-decker Routemaster expected to fetch £30,000."

Headline: Hold tight for auction of a Routemaster

URL: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/london/hold-tight-for-auction-of-a-routemaster-7653850.html

Steve

McColm

Thanks Guys, Haynes has published Routemaster Bus Enthusiasts' Manual retailing at £21.99. I picked up the FX4 Black Cab copy 1958-1997, as most of the coloured pictures are featured in this topic. There is a cut-away drawing, engine and steering photos.

rickshaw

I wonder, has anybody proposed making an RC model of this kit?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on April 27, 2012, 08:27:27 PM
I wonder, has anybody proposed making an RC model of this kit?

Someone will, and it would be great to see
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

You might be able to see one on You-Tube.

Mossie

Hmm, I'm looking at the FRM-1A on page, make it into single decker like the one above it and I'm thinking BR Railbus.  Or keep the double decker for routes without bridges! :lol:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Rheged

Quote from: Mossie on June 01, 2012, 01:56:35 PM
Hmm, I'm looking at the FRM-1A on page, make it into single decker like the one above it and I'm thinking BR Railbus.  Or keep the double decker for routes without bridges! :lol:

This sounds interesting............ but mind the platform canopies!   It might be a good thing for rural lines in East Anglia.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

If you want a truely outlandish wif for a Routemaster then do it in LT red as a N2 running from Victoria to Crystal Palace. The things were either a myth or had their shields up all the time (which given the route was probably advisable  :wacko:) when I used to be trying to get home from town after a session in the early 70's  :drink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on April 13, 2012, 02:07:51 PM
Okay, here's a slightly more sane idea. This here is an A.E.C. Regal Mk.IV:

Although it looks superficially like a double-decker, it's actually a single-deck coach with just 37 seats, the rear half being raised over a large luggage compartment that can hold 3 suitcases per passenger, and that's the clue to it's purpose: they were used by BEA to ferry air passengers between Waterloo station and Heathrow.

Now this leads to two ideas for the Routemaster:

1. Keep the shape the same, but make the bottom deck all luggage, with blanked-off windows and a big door or two in the side.

2. Cut the Routemaster down to make a similar "split-single-decker". You'd probably have to lose, or at least enclose, the back platform, and there'd be interesting choices to make about what to do with the Routmaster's half-width driver's cab....

Can't find a decent pic of the Regal IV that doesn't red-x on me, but this website has some interesting pics of various airport buses:

http://www.focustransport.org.uk/xhrow1.aspx

All sorts of ideas there....

EDIT: found one!

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

McColm

I keep thinking of adding a pair of wings to it.

raafif

Routemaster to the end of the World ....

Ushuaia in Chile is the southern-most town in the world & is the port where ships bound for Antarctica leave from.  Seen there still in regular service, is a powder-blue Routemaster !

Double-decker railmotor sounds crazy enough to be viable  ;D
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

Hobbes

You could have fun with the route signs. London to Vladivostok (express, only stops in Berlin and Moscow)...