Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

To compare more easily, see (thanks to Omega13) : X/F-29 at
http://photopile.com/photos/blackwolfscd/S...FP001/16050.jpg

[Reduced view below]
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

QuoteTo compare more easily
oops... I did not know that Paul's new picture of the SabreBat beauty would be on Page 2 and this F-29 on completely another page 3, not just below...
(if you come here directly, have a look at the end of page 2)

Geoff_B

TsrJoe sent this over, thought it might help B)  

Tophe

Wonderful  :wub:  Thanks Thor, thanks Joe... Such a beauty!

TsrJoe

http://groups.msn.com/TSR-2ResearchGroup/m...ngs.msnw?Page=3

iv also some piccies of the mockup at Paris somewhere ...ill scan them and post em up too...it looked beautiful in overall white with 2 tone blue trim...

ps. sorry bout the distortion in the images...they were a bit big to scan... :huh:

happy modelling, cheers, joe  :ph34r:  
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

just dug out my inaccurate 1/144 scale model built many years ago of the mockup after falling in love with it at my first paris air salon and based on my ground level photographs (i didnt have any drawings of her back then! )... anyway, after glueing the fin, canopy, etc back on...here it is...btw, Rockwell wrere calling this the X.29 back then, so im guessing the contract was still up for graps at that time?
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

elmayerle

Quotejust dug out my inaccurate 1/144 scale model built many years ago of the mockup after falling in love with it at my first paris air salon and based on my ground level photographs (i didnt have any drawings of her back then! )... anyway, after glueing the fin, canopy, etc back on...here it is...btw, Rockwell wrere calling this the X.29 back then, so im guessing the contract was still up for graps at that time?
'Twas their entry into the X-29 competition against GD's FW F-16 and Grumman's design.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

Quotemy inaccurate 1/144 scale model
Great! I dreamed of a model of this beauty, and she was already in your collection! Scratch built? Great great work, congratulations!

Tophe

Tophe

Hatchet

QuoteBy the same token, I seem to remember Hasegawa also producing a variant of the YF-16CCV in Japanese markings as an early F-2 model, again in a "Japan-only" boxing.
I don't know if it was Japan-only Evan, but I assume you mean this one:

It's on habu2s website, click-me

Just to save some effort, have a look here

:cheers:  

waynos

Hi, many years ago I did a conversion of the Hasegawa X-29 which just involved fitting aft swept canards on the intake shoulders and four sidewinders on very narrow pylons leading forward from the wing leading edge, like in this picture below. I called it the F-29 Firestorm. I might recreate it from my unbuilt F-20 kit in the near future. The  new canards and missiles made a real difference to its looks.
edit; I just wish to point out I didn't model the plane in the drawing, just added its weapos and canards to the X-29.

Tophe

Thanks Waynos for this very beautiful picture, almost unknown alas... This is a very gorgeous airplane, will a kit manufacturer dare to propose it in plastic or resin? Maybe the United States Air Force didn't need the SabreBat, but the United What-if Modellers Force may need it... no?

John Howling Mouse

Tophe, the twin-booms are going to get jealous.   :P

In all of your twin-boom designs, did you have any with forward swept wings?

-_-  ^_^  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

rallymodeller

QuoteOn http://www.strange-mecha.com/aircraft/aircraft.htm I found this F-16:
Call me a heretic if you will, but I like this one best.  
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D