Sabre-Bat beauty...

Started by Tophe, July 12, 2004, 10:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

QuoteCall me a heretic if you will, but I like this one best.
According to JMNs :angry: , all What-ifers are damned heretics :angry:  :wacko:
Among us, we won't use such insults and hard condemnations, just enjoying each other's preferences :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

QuoteTophe, the twin-booms are going to get jealous.   :P
In all of your twin-boom designs, did you have any with forward swept wings? -_-  ^_^
If the SabreBat kit comes to life, I would of course buy 2 copies, to build a Twin-Sabre-Bat... ^_^
Yes, I have forward swept twin-boomers, look in 'The end of Forked Ghosts': page 11 are the Lockheed L-153-8 & 11, page 37 is Ollie's P-38JR-3.
Besides, in Forked Ghosts, the Vultee V.78 and V.84 (progenitors of XP-54) had very slightly swept forward external wings, while with their anhedral this almost does not appear following my angle.  

F-32

That X-29 Aggressor, did it ever appear in Fine Scale Modeler back in the 1990's?

Remember seeing one just like it but I've lost that copy of the mag :(  

noxioux

QuoteOn http://www.strange-mecha.com/aircraft/aircraft.htm I found this F-16:
I found this one on my shelf. . . B)

Tophe

QuoteI found this one on my shelf. . . B)
:wub: Oh, lucky modeller! (or more appropriate: brilliant modeller...) ;)  

noxioux

QuoteI found this one on my shelf. . . B)
:wub: Oh, lucky modeller! (or more appropriate: brilliant modeller...) ;)
No, just horribly masochistic.  .  .

Spellbinder99

I have a 1/144 scale X-29 model with four underwing mounted missiles. It is from a set of Area 88 aircraft models I got from HLJ.

Quite a nice little model, it came preassembled with a blue fin and Area 88 markings, but overall with the standard white with stripes X-29 markings.

Area 88

Cheers

Tony

Brian da Basher

Man that's nice noxioux! Love the camo and that cool forward sweep...and I'm not a jet guy either! Awesome build there!

Brian da Basher

Tophe

Quotejust horribly masochistic.  .  .
Oh, I should have said: poor modeller... :(  I notice now that you have not simply reverted the wings -_- : the missile rails are still ahead of the wing (not firing backwards... :blink:  :wacko: ) and maybe you thinned the new trailing edge and made bigger the new leading edge -_- ... Yes, trying to reach such perfection is close to masochism :( , while the result is great :wub: . But if you are masochist, maybe you hate clapping hands  :P and prefer insults  :( - sorry I cannot, feeling completely unable to spit on your marvel, dear... ;)
QuoteI have a 1/144 scale X-29 model with four underwing mounted missiles. It is from a set of Area 88 aircraft models
Tony
Thanks for the link, surprizing!