Here it is, number three for the year FINISHED!!!

Started by matrixone, April 05, 2012, 06:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Another 1/48 scale Trumpeter kit, this time its the Me 509. This is a terrific kit that went together with almost no trouble at all.
A couple of things I did not like was Trumpeters fictional markings they provide in this kit, the good news here is that any of the late war BF 109 decal sheets from Eagle Editions could be used and are good replacements, a more serious problem is unlike the line of Me 262s made by Trumpeter this Me 509 kit does NOT come with a weighted cast metal part for the nose gear, this kit needs all the help possible to get it to balance properly and not become a tail sitter. I had to jam every bit of space available in the nose full of lead to get it to balance...and barely got it balanced!

Like I said I did not care for the kit markings and I used decals from my spares box to come up with the markings for
''yellow 15'' a Me 509 operated by JG 53 in the summer of 1945, there is a nice photograph of this machine on page 12 of the newest Squadron Signal booklet titled ''Me 509 In Action'' and I used this as a reference for painting my model. ;)
The Me 509 along with the Ta 152C/H and Me 262 eventually gained control of the airspace over the Reich and it was a couple years before the Allies could produce jet aircraft with the range needed to defeat the Luftwaffe once and for all.

On to the pics...BTW, the other aircraft in the distance is an older obsolete production version of the Me 309.

And the picture below shows ''yellow 15'' under new management...

Matrixone

Army of One

Yet again......an awesome build and photography.....!!! Well done M.....like the look of the kit.....seen drawings of it in the past.....kit looks great.....!!!....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Cobra

Another Masterpiece from the Master :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Your Photos and Work are Superb :bow: :bow: Keep up the Great Work :cheers: :cheers: Dan

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hotte

RussC

"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

matrixone

Thanks to all for the replies! :cheers:

I have a couple of small 1/100 scale real world models on the bench now that will be finished next but I also have started my next what-if...its an aircraft nobody would have expected to be whiffed. :wacko: Can't wait to show the finished model. Completion date should be in another three weeks.

Matrixone

TallEng

Top modelling, :bow: :bow: Top Photo's as ever :thumbsup:
Can't wait to find out what the "New whiff" will be.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Surprised that you resisted for so long, Les !!   :wacko: - Superb build as ever.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

matrixone

Thanks Keith and Ian!

Ian,
I am still out of work so this Me 509 was my last hurrah, from now on I will be building from the stash until I find another job.

Here is the last pic of the Me 509

Matrixone

Weaver

That's a great job, and with your usual excellent photography.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the job situation: hope you get something soon.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

matrixone

Thanks Weaver!

I hope I find something soon too, my unemployment ends today. :o
My time here is limited since I could lose use of the internet without money to pay for it.

Matrixone

Old Wombat

Damned awesome build, matrix! :thumbsup:

Damned shame about the unemployment, hope you get a job real soon!!!

Having spent 14 months unemployed prior to June, last year, with no unemployment benefits & a mortgage I can appreciate just how you're feeling.

(Luckily I had - & have - unemployment insurance on my mortgage, so that was covered for about 6 months, & my wife works.)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

sequoiaranger

That's a nice build Matrixone!

BTW, I have several copies of that Squadron/Signal "Me-509 in Action" pamphlet available for $11.95 USD---just send the money to this untraceable account in Nevis..... :wacko:
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

matrixone

Thanks Old Wombat and sequoiaranger!

Old Wombat,
This is not a fun time to be out of work because the recovery to the economy has not happened in my area and right now the odds of finding work where I live are very low. Despite this I feel VERY lucky because everything I have is payed for, some people that I worked with were buying homes or just purchased new vehicles or had health issues and being laid off must have been devastating. Once the national election is over I expect things may improve here, right now employers around here are still in cost cutting mode. I just need to hang on until things do improve.

sequoiaranger,
I plan on posting the pics of this model over at Hyperscale and wonder what the reaction will be when I mention my main source of reference for this aircraft...the Squadron Signal ''Me 509 In Action'' booklet. :wacko:

Matrixone