RCN Osprey-Finished !

Started by Captain Canada, April 06, 2012, 08:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 07, 2013, 07:07:28 AM
Not even sure I remember that first tin's design  :blink:

I've still got a couple of that vintage tinlet left, but mine are uopened railway type colours, they must go back to the 70s or even the 60s!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

I got a box of old paints from a family friend, and alot of them are still useable !

Ian, maybe some LE decals, but this will be done in the current RN Sea King SAR scheme so I'll just coble together what I can to make ir so.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 15, 2012, 09:30:05 PM
Thanks for the commenst guys.

Geoff : I had thought about that. I was sizing up the radome from the Merlin kit, but decided against it as this one is going on the premis of a low(er) cost bare bones kinda SAR thing, so that we could actually afford it. And I'm also planning on stealing Kitnut's Merlin idea with the big radome.

Opened up the door and added a wee bit of detail just so it doesn't look empty.

Where did you find the jump seats? I could use several of those!
Nice looking project, press on!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Italeri EH-101 kits. Might have a few still lying around, but I'll have to find them first ! The other 'box' is also a seat from the Hobbycraft CH-46.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

The 1/72 Osprey kits are hard to find, where as the 1/48 kits are abundant, unless you look on eBay over here in the UK. I've got the Merlin kit you're after in my stash, perhaps the Seahawk or Oceanhawk helicopters might be better.

kerick

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 08, 2013, 04:38:09 AM
Italeri EH-101 kits. Might have a few still lying around, but I'll have to find them first ! The other 'box' is also a seat from the Hobbycraft CH-46.

I need something to fill the rear cabin of the super Blackhawk that is sitting on the bench. Even one would be good and I could copy from that. The ones in the pavehawk and seahawk kits I started with were junk.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

McColm

You might be lucky and find the Italeri VH 71 'Marine One', that's got loads of bench seats.

Captain Canada

Royal Canadian Navy Osprey mk.IA
803 NAS, B Flight, Menier Airport, Anticosti Island, QC

The RCN procured 4 Osprey aircraft in early 2012. The a/c differ from US military a/c in being prototype and development a/c bought directly from Boeing via the MAP. In fact, it is rumoured that the a/c seen here, 122033, was actually built using parts from a sun-faded Hobbycrap box found languishing at a LHS !

B flight consists of 2 a/c, based at Menier Airport on Anticosti Island in the Gulf of the St. Lawrence. These a/c are used for general duties, including SAR. They also assist in support of Harrier dteatchments that frequent the island. Some of the costs of operating such a complex aircraft are offset by conducting tests with the USN in support of modular ASW and AEW kits designed to fit standard US Osprey a/c.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

:wub:  Looks the part!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 13, 2013, 10:08:43 AM...was actually built using parts from a sun-faded Hobbycrap box found languishing at a LHS !

One Stop?
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Ian the Kiwi Herder

One of your best, Todd. Nice build.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Steel Penguin

nice, and the single yellow prop is a good touch,  in my minds eye i can see it flickering on news fotage of the Osprey in flight
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

McColm

loupgarou

Well done. A very nice build.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

kitnut617

That turned out very nicely done Todd   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Cobra

Superb Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Why do i picture an Alarm Klaxxon sounding and the PA Blaring with,"Attention,Attention,Mayday Called Detected,Scramble,Scramble!"? Keep up the superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan