RCN Osprey-Finished !

Started by Captain Canada, April 06, 2012, 08:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

very well done, love that scheme  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Cliffy B

Very smart looking and believable, nice job! :wub:  What's the story behind the one yellow blade though?
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Cliffy B on January 14, 2013, 12:14:42 PMVery smart looking and believable, nice job! :wub:  What's the story behind the one yellow blade though?

British SAR birds use the same, it's for visibility from above - relatively easy when you have two or more SAR birds working the same incident, especially over water, for the crew of the 'top cover' to miss the aircraft working the lower search pattern.

HTH

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Weaver

That looks cracking - nice one!
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Hey...thanks guys ! Glad you like her. I'm a big fan of this colour scheme myself, and as per my style, once I find paints I like I have trouble putting them down ! So don't be surprised if you see a few more in these colours.... :thumbsup:

I forgot to mention much about the model. Brush painted using mostly Humbrol. I tried a few diferent things tho. Like Testors grey as a primer for the Humbrol 165, as well as white before the orange. Seems to work. The only kit mods were enlarging the center window on STB side and adding a bubble, for SAR duties and to help with hoisting. The hoist itself is from the Italeri family of Hueys, most kits give you 2 styles. In 'real' life it folds away so not to interfere with the high speed of the Osprey.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Like that, reminds me of RN SAR helicopters in the '60's, before the orange was replaced with red that carries on now.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Green Dragon

Like it lots Cap'n Canada! Planned a similar scheme for my stalled Transall based V-44, not Canadian though. I was born in 64 and don't remember seeing that first paint pot design before except in photos!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Captain Canada

Cheers guys ! I think it turned out pretty good too. But then again, in those colours....how could it not !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?