Armored Car Panhard 178 with crusader turret, 1/72 RPM

Started by marco, April 07, 2012, 04:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marco

Hello!
imagine  that despite the armistice beetween France and Germany, that de Gaulle didn't flew to UK, stay and had a huge influence other Petain and Weygand (Hummm... :rolleyes:).
No Mers el kebir, no fights in Syria, a secret and strong cooperation beetween Commonwealth and France;.. In 1942 USA and Commonwealth forces landed in Tunisia (to turn Rommel's africa korps), and in Provence strongly supported by "official" armistice army and new divisions helped by crypto troops well equiped by Camouflage du Matériel.
Here's an example of this secret coopĂ©ration... a turetless Panhard equipped with a crusader turret, project study and realized during  1940/1942... Here's one in Tunisia, ready to rush to east border!

here's another wiew of my Panhard's collection (mostly are diecast or made by friends, they are not made by me)

RotorheadTX

Clever twist a'la Staghound. I like the one with the Saladin turret too!

NARSES2

Always liked armoured cars of the 20/30/40's and that's a nice twist  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: RotorheadTX on April 07, 2012, 04:40:29 AM
Clever twist a'la Staghound. I like the one with the Saladin turret too!

Was it our Antipodean cousins who put a Saladin turret on an M113   in order to cause nausea and disress amongst the opposition in South East Asia?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

marco

Thank you! :bow:
i would like to see this strange M113 with Saladin's turret!!! does anybody has got a link or a picture of it?? ;D
Edit, in fact easy to find:
http://www.primeportal.net/apc/azrael_raven/m113a1_fsv_saladin_turret/
The second panhard on the left with "saladin"'s turret is the Panhard 178 b, post war modification, turret Fives LIlle (may be inspired by Saladin's turret we should compare the issue of  each armored car):
http://www.chars-francais.net/new/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=41
the link is in french. This armored car was used in syria/lebanon, indochina and algeria (if i remenber well)...

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.