An article of inspiration for fellow Whiffers

Started by Rheged, April 07, 2012, 08:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Yo

No. No, I absobloodylutely refuse to have the hots for a blue...seal woman forty feet tall. with fins. Shapely fins. No sir,  Abso..o..OOooooooooo....hallo, miss...

Ahem. Add to the above, a query. Did the Lanc have enough gound clearance to carry 
The Great Panjandurum?

Alvis 3.14159

Sometimes I worry aboot you. Then you post things like that, and all is made happy again!

No, a Lanc didn't have the ground clearance, unless it was carried laterally, and fired like a flaming Frisbee of Doom. Which, of course, would be totally awesome!!!!!!

Ahem, anyhow...I wonder if any of the officers standing next to the Great Panjandurum is Neville Shute himself? Because, that would mean that he was...ahem...On The Beach?

Alvis Pi

PR19_Kit

Perhaps they could have made a version small enough for a Lanc to carry, a la 'Upkeep' bomb? It would then have been a 'Lesser Panjandrum' or something similar.

Reminds me of the 'Dad's Army' episode that featured such a weapon.....   ;D :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1-_wMfYueg
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RussC

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 19, 2012, 01:47:06 AM
Perhaps they could have made a version small enough for a Lanc to carry, a la 'Upkeep' bomb? It would then have been a 'Lesser Panjandrum' or something similar.

Reminds me of the 'Dad's Army' episode that featured such a weapon.....   ;D :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1-_wMfYueg

Something along the lines and shape of a squirrel-cage fan ! Spun up by one of the inboard Merlins.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

NARSES2

Quote from: Alvis 3.14159 on May 18, 2012, 07:20:49 PM
Ahem, anyhow...I wonder if any of the officers standing next to the Great Panjandurum is Neville Shute himself? Because, that would mean that he was...ahem...On The Beach?

Alvis Pi

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

silverwindblade

QuoteThis clipped from anthropomorphic artist wsache007 over on DeviantArt (Some people really put the deviant into that group! )  Grin Grin Shocked cheesy rolleyes
Give his gallery a look -

I think the um, payload, is very interesting on that WHIF ^^;;
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!