Main Menu

Harvard

Started by Hman, April 09, 2012, 06:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hman

Well it is a wet Bank Holiday Monday, what else I am going to build other than a model that could well be older than I am...

The model dispite its age went to well far better than a lot of modern kits I have built!

No build piccies as yet.
"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

Gondor

That looks like very early Airfix to me.
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

That's quite the ejection sequence ! All thew little bits fluttering to the ground will be less dangerous too......

At first glance the prop looked like it had 4 blades.....which got me thinking.....

Looking forward to seeing what you've done with it.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hman

Quote from: Gondor on April 09, 2012, 07:27:17 AM
That looks like very early Airfix to me.

I bought it 2nd hand.  I think it was issued in the late 60's early 70's; it came in plastic bag.  I have a P1127 which is as old as well, but I haven't summoned up the courage to build it yet!
"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

sequoiaranger

FIFTEEN pounds for that old thing??

Sheesh, I had the exact same kit with "two shillings" marked on it!!  'Course, that was back in the summer of 1963 when I picked it up at a LHS in Northwood (along with several dozen others that I stuffed into my luggage when I went back to the States!).
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 09, 2012, 07:33:58 AM
That's quite the ejection sequence ! All thew little bits fluttering to the ground will be less dangerous too......

;D ;D

I honestly think thats one of the few early Airfix kits that I've never built. Arn't those instructions a dream ? Didn't they have written words as well ? "Fit starboard undercarriage door to -------" etc

Chris who's awaiting a "Duncanism"
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

How did this one end up? Seeing five Harvards at every airshow I attended as a young'un means I nurse a sweet spot for the type.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates