BP Shield Decals Query

Started by Cobra, April 11, 2012, 01:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, i was just Curious about Something. Would Anyone know if there are Decals Available for BP,i'm talking the Oil Company,not Boulton Paul, for use on Aircraft models? have any Idea, but thought i'd ask. I'm looking for the BP shield Insignia,Not the Current Logo! can Anyone Point me where to look,Please? thanks for looking. Dan

PR19_Kit

You may have some luck in the 1/24 scale car model decal field Dan. They might end up a bit large of course, but it's a start.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Cobra

Thanks, I'm thinking of doing an OH-5 as a Scout for the Company.Dan

TallEng

You could try http://www.fox-transfers.co.uk/products.cgi?categoryid=152&ordernumber=998920317347&pagenumber=2&limitfrom=50
They are based in the U.K. and do Decals for Railway stuff, which funnily enough includes Oil/Petrol Tank Wagons from most of the
well known (in the U.K. at least) petroleum firms; Gulf, Mobil, Texaco, BP etc.
Have a look I know they've got BP shields in various sizes :thumbsup:
You need to look under product selection 2mm/N 4mm/OO 7mm/O model railway products then Water slide transfers then Nationalisation: British Railways (Aug 1968 - mid-1990s) select Oil Tankers
Its a bit long winded to explain how to get there  :rolleyes:. hope that helps

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

rickshaw

Interesting.  They do markings for Nuclear Flask wagons.  Do people run nuclear waste trains on their layouts?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Probably. At one Model Engineering Exhibition at the Ally Pally I can remember seeing a late Victorian layout wich included a model of the old Peckham Necropolis including a train unloading the "passengers"  :o
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on April 21, 2012, 01:01:27 AM
Interesting.  They do markings for Nuclear Flask wagons.  Do people run nuclear waste trains on their layouts?

Yes indeed, there's even a kit of parts to make one on sale in 00 gauge, or at least there was one a few years ago.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

My sons ran a nuclear flask train on their layout when they were younger.  At the risk of introducing the dreaded thread drift bacillus, did people know that the first  MD  of DRS (the nuclear industry's own rail company)  was called MAX JOULE..........one for the scientists, that.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on April 21, 2012, 02:35:33 AM
My sons ran a nuclear flask train on their layout when they were younger.  At the risk of introducing the dreaded thread drift bacillus, did people know that the first  MD  of DRS (the nuclear industry's own rail company)  was called MAX JOULE..........one for the scientists, that.

;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hobbes

:bow: :bow: :bow:

TallEng

Quote from: Hobbes on April 21, 2012, 03:02:28 AM
Quote from: rickshaw link=topic=35004.msg557259#msg5javascript:void(0);57259 date=1334995287

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I Guess they must: one of the mainstream manufacturers has one in their 00 range
(Bachmann if you must know) Costs about 21 pounds from Hattons of Liverpool.
Sometimes I think I have too many hobbies :blink:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TallEng on April 21, 2012, 11:57:45 AM

Sometimes I think I have too many hobbies :blink:

You can NEVER have too many hobbies, I've got some I've not even started yet.........  ;D

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

im tempted to get a nuke flask for my father in law for crimbo,  the question is can i get it in 009?  that would wind up a few...( especialy if i were to put a blue led and battry in it  :rolleyes:)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Weaver

BECC do a sponsor pack which includes some BP shields. These are self-adhesive vinyl "stickers" by the way, not waterslide decals, although they are supposed to be very thin. They're on page 4 of the catalogue which can be viewed here:

http://www.modelflags.com/acatalog/BECC_Catalogue.html
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Steel Penguin on April 21, 2012, 01:41:23 PM
im tempted to get a nuke flask for my father in law for crimbo,  the question is can i get it in 009?  that would wind up a few...( especialy if i were to put a blue led and battry in it  :rolleyes:)

The mind BOGGLES at an 009 nuke flask!  :o

Regards
Kit