Allan's new projects Raiden and two 109s

Started by Allan, April 16, 2012, 03:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

post it notes, perhaps, I've got lots of them!!!!
Allan

NARSES2

Quote from: Allan on May 10, 2013, 03:37:04 AM
post it notes, perhaps, I've got lots of them!!!!
Allan

I've known people use them Al, I'm still a hairy stick man so can't really comment
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Allan

I plumped for post it notes and good ol Tamiya tape using this paint, which I smudged while holding the plane...I get to with some fine grade sandpaper, eye of newt and powdered unicorn horn to make a paste that will put things right
Allan
10 years a Whiffer on 15 May

lancer

Allan ,

Be careful witht he powdered Unicorn horn, too much and it'll melt right through the plastic. Besides the council of Grand wizards and the Unicorn Protec tion Service are moving to outlaw the commercial use of Unicorn horn, powdered or otherwise... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Other than that, a great looking build...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Allan

thanks Lancer  wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of the Unicorn Protection people..I'll never hear the end of it!!!
Here's the plane with some of the tape removed and sadly some added as the white on one wingtip experienced some paint bleed...I'll touch up the blue on the undersurface as I've now gently sanded it with the finest grade of sandpaper at my disposal....and as you can see there is some touching up to do near the tailplanes....I'm not really sure what to do here, bite the bullet and try to wield by airbrush like a scalpel as I add just a smidgeon of tan or leave it as it is and hope that the weathering covers the airbrushing flaw
I read on the net abut a bloke who made one of these North Africa color schems and his advice was to add some light grey to some matt varnish for the first coat, then yellow to the varnish and then some white to he varnish to simulate fading, but I'm not sure whether he meant add the gray, then the yellow and then the white to the same paint bowl or whether to spray these mixtures in three distinct stages
Allan

Allan

er yes, I've just noticed that the paint division level differs on both sides of the fus...I think I'll raise the blue instead of lowering the tan and will tackle that later on...will mean more masking though
note how the rubber band supports the fus in one of the photos in my last post
Allan

Old Wombat

But... if you lower the tan, you may be able to fix the blue overspray while you're at it! ;)

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Allan

I decided to raise the blue and this is what I used to mask off the paint...also some of the other masking possibilities, string and so on, I considered before deciding to use the white plastic strip for masking...turned out well, though I haven't pulled off the masking...will do that tomorrow and post piccies....blue smudge has been taken care of...when the Tamiya tape is removed I'll stick the pieces onto the square of yellow plastic that people use when they are learning to drive and reuse them later on...yes, I'm part Scottish....
Allan

Allan

I've carefully masked the areas around the tailplanes and, using my brush like a scalpel wielded by Dr Kildare, have touched up these areas with tan, using short lengths of wire under the tape, which I'll remove later
Allan

NARSES2

Somehow the colour scheme makes her look even more "portly" then usual ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Allan

Chris, I'm thinking of painting a white fus band but if I do, even if it's a thin one, I don't think I'll have enough room for the cross and the 14, so perhaps the 14 will have to go under the back canopy window....
Allan

Allan

here's the nose with a sliver painted in yellow and allowed to dry under my jam rolly-polly container, which is very useful once the jam rolly-polly has been discarded....more shots of the plane with tape removed...will have to measure the distance between the tailplanes and the canopy to find out how wide my fus white band can be
Allan in Canberra

Old Wombat

Looks good! Can't wait for the finished product! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Allan

some more piccies...should I put the wing emblem (leopard and negro) on the white part of the nose or just inwards of the white so that half of the emblem straddles the blue and the tan???? I've sorted through the decal bank and have selected some decals for this plane...now have to decide the width of the fus white band
Allan

NARSES2

I'd have the emblem just inwards from the white Allan