Allan's new projects Raiden and two 109s

Started by Allan, April 16, 2012, 03:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

2 109s and a Raiden---the Raiden will be easy--Marseille's markings blue lower and sand upper with the mid-fus dividing line, white nose and wingtips and maybe yellow under the n,ose
but I'm damned if I know what to do with these two 109s
maybe some kind of fictitious Luftwaffe markings and camo scheme as I'm not too good at chopping and cutting
this WEM paint is just great for an undercoat
Allan in Canberra

NARSES2

Do one of the 109's as Japanese Allan ? Standard Lufwaffe scheme but Japanese markings as per the E they got ?

Got to agree about the WEM paints as well. They are the best of the bunch as far as enamels go IMHO
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Agree with the colour scheme for the Raiden.....would have loved to have seen a Ki-100 bubble top in those colours as its my fave Japanese fighter......how about a Turkish 109 to go with the Spits n FW190's.....?? Israeli 1948 instead of the Avia S199 they got....a South American fighter for the football war....?? War booty for any of the smaller allies after the war.....

The F as Turkish as it would fit in with the FW190's n Spits......The G for the other ideas....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Allan

haven't opened the Raiden yet, but the two 109s are coming along nicely
the yellow is Xtracolor enamel and went through my Iwata quite well over an undercoat of Humbrol matt white
the red is Xtracryix and that too settled nicely on the white Humbrol, but the red didn't need to be thinned very much at all
in fact the first coat I thinned and it was so runny I wiped it off and added more paint to the airbrush bowl
then I had no problems and it went on smoothly
these two 109s I'll paint colorfully and then add some sort of sombre camo
Allan in Canberra

NARSES2

Some good progress there mate - interesting use of those sticky note pads as masking
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dumaniac

interesting start - keep up the good work Allan

Bernie

Allan

thanks Bernie and Chris, or is that Nev, sorry can't remember
here're some more shots, including how I mask canopies using masking tape, a sharpened lead from a propelling pencil and a very sharp knife that I only use with canopies
these planes are getting a little colorful, but not to worry....I'll let them dry for two days, it's Sunday arvo now, and then get stuck into some masking prior to applying either the light blue/grey first or perhaps the upper two tone camo
you can't see it but there is a little bit of red overspray on the white rudder..I'll touch it up once the red fus has been masked off
Allan in Canberra

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

dumaniac

Allan

she is going to be a colourful bird = yellow, red, green

can't wait

Bernie

NARSES2

Quote from: Allan on April 21, 2012, 10:46:02 PM
thanks Bernie and Chris, or is that Nev, sorry can't remember

No problems mate. It's Chris, Nev hasn't been around for a while  :-\

Allan

sorry Chris and hi all,
I'm time-poor nowadays and don't have the time to comment on the wonderful models that have been appearing on this site....but they're all just so good
here're the two planes masked and with the first annointing of grey undercoat, using WEM
Allan in Canberra

NARSES2

Good to see progress Al.

I've been using WEM a fair bit recently, got a couple of Japanese and Russian models on the go, and it's really good paint  :thumbsup:

lancer

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 05, 2012, 02:19:51 AM
Good to see progress Al.

I've been using WEM a fair bit recently, got a couple of Japanese and Russian models on the go, and it's really good paint  :thumbsup:

It's got to be my favourite enamel paint. Personally I think it dires with a better finish than xtracolor does.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Allan

before putting on the light grey undercoat on the uppersurfaces of one of the 109s, it was necessary to cover the canopy with something very dark to resemble the inner color of the canopy framework
so I chose Revell matt black number 8 I think it was
actually if you're building a 109 with the canopy closed there's really no need to invest in the correct RLM black gray paint for the cockpit.....instead just slap on a coat of this matt black, sheen it up a little with your finger, add some dings with a silver pencil and a wash and, really, no one can tell the difference....
Allan in Canberra

Allan

here's the undercoating done....it'll dry for a few days before I put on the blue..not sure which one to use yet
the WEM paint sells here, or at least at my hobby club meetings, at A$3.30...that's about 2 pounds in Olde Dart money...what's it cost over there?
Allan