The Radish Blog

Started by Radish, April 16, 2012, 05:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Your'e obviously not watching "His Dark Materials" as there's no armoured Polar Bear  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Recording it for a binge watch later. :thumbsup:

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on December 04, 2019, 01:21:15 AM
Recording it for a binge watch later. :thumbsup:

To be honest before the series started I wasn't aware of the books. Interesting is what I'll say, bit dark for kids I would of thought, but then I'm not sure who the book's original target audience was ? I will say that they have done a far better job with this then War of the Worlds though.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Quite liked their War of the Worlds, but I know not everyone did.

Radish

Working on scenarios for Giant Cats...Tigers, Lions, Black Panthers, etc., in armed forces, various timescales and the science involved. :o

kerick

You know you can't train a cat to do anything!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on December 11, 2019, 07:50:24 AM

I've trained a couple of kittens over the years to use a cat flap, but I know what you mean  ;D

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 12, 2019, 05:49:33 AM

I've trained a couple of kittens over the years to use a cat flap, but I know what you mean  ;D

They only do it because they want to or it amuses them to do so. Training has nothing to do with it. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 12, 2019, 06:22:28 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 12, 2019, 05:49:33 AM

They only do it because they want to or it amuses them to do so. Training has nothing to do with it. ;)

Or its thought to be "normal".  Cat of a friend of mine has learned to use the toilet apparently as well as the box.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Radish

Apparently it's 2020.
Got lots of daftness buzzing in my head.
Woof woof. :wacko:

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on January 22, 2020, 08:41:34 AM
Apparently it's 2020.

Not if you are Chinese or various other nationalities/religions  ;)

Radish

Rediscovered a 35 year old ESCI 1/48 MiG-27 I pulled from the loft.....I'd begun it some time in the Dark Ages of the 20th Century.
It looks terrible, with huge gaps and brittle plastic, but creativity is the answer, the solution to everything except making tea.

Also begun a small series of dioramas dedicated to the Rabbit God "Bunni".
Some civilisations revered a Rabbit God...China and Aztec among them.
The story of the "400 Drunken Rabbits" is apparently renowned.
My dioramas will not involve anything factual, and will not include alcohol.
;D ;D :o :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on January 24, 2020, 12:50:33 AM
but creativity is the answer, the solution to everything except making tea.

Absolutely mate, one must stick to the correct method  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Radish on January 24, 2020, 12:50:33 AM

Also begun a small series of dioramas dedicated to the Rabbit God "Bunni".
Some civilisations revered a Rabbit God...China and Aztec among them.

This I have to see  :bow: ;D

My old No 2 in the office would have totally agreed with you on this. She had a whole succession of "house rabbits" some of which were huge, but all of which were friendly and had the ability to make you chill out no matter what your mood  :thumbsup:

Radish

Well, darlings, I'm back on the scene.
OK, not done too much plastic, but lots of colouring in, thinking, planning.....
Also moved rooms to create a smaller, more compact "Padded Cell". I've also reduced my collection of made up models, but much still remains, and it means I now have room for a whole new range!!
FIRST, I'm considering a "Time Warped" Operation Desert Storm, with aircraft such as WW2 Spitfires, Hurricanes, Lancasters, Blenheims, Bf 109, 110, 163, 262, etc., all in varieties of Desert Pink with appropriate markings. Updated too with new modifications and armament.
SECONDLY, would a Nationalist Germany forced a war to regain former territory, even without the Nazis? In which case, the abhorrent use of the swastika would be missing, to be replaced by either a small cross or a Red/White/Black fin flash? Might be fun. :banghead:

Nick

Quote from: Radish on December 17, 2020, 04:40:56 AM
Well, darlings, I'm back on the scene.

SECONDLY, would a Nationalist Germany forced a war to regain former territory, even without the Nazis? In which case, the abhorrent use of the swastika would be missing, to be replaced by either a small cross or a Red/White/Black fin flash? Might be fun. :banghead:

Yay! He's back!

The non-swastika Nazi flag has shown up in various guises before - the obvious one being the plain cross. https://www.wilbursmithbooks.com/books/courtney-s-war

There's the Bordurian 'hourglass' as seen in Tintin.

The Leader by Guy Martin has a lightning strike https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-leader/guy-walters/9780552165372

I like the 1995 film of Richard III set in 1930s fascist England - the bad man has a boars head on the flag https://mckellen.com/cinema/richard/screenplay/index.htm

Knowing you it'll be a stiletto heel silhouette!