The Radish Blog

Started by Radish, April 16, 2012, 05:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Heck, on Friday while out and about, I bought a kit.
I BOUGHT A KIT!!!!!
1/72 Revell "Easy Build F-14 Tomcat" as flown by Maverick/Top Gun.
I like "Easy Build." ;D ;D ;D
Of course, it could appear in any variety of colours.....
Winter Soviet WW2, Silver Imperial Roman Air Force, Irish Air Corps, lots to choose from. :wacko: :wacko:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Rheged

Quote from: Radish on May 29, 2021, 01:23:52 PM
Heck, on Friday while out and about, I bought a kit.
I BOUGHT A KIT!!!!!
1/72 Revell "Easy Build F-14 Tomcat" as flown by Maverick/Top Gun.
I like "Easy Build." ;D ;D ;D
Of course, it could appear in any variety of colours.....
Winter Soviet WW2, Silver Imperial Roman Air Force, Irish Air Corps, lots to choose from. :wacko: :wacko:

An interesting idea.  An alternative is the Boudiccan Defence Force, based at Camulodunum. Just think of the woad-blue celtic designs you could incorporate in the livery.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Radish

GOOD IDEA!!!!
Ooooooh, I like that idea..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on May 30, 2021, 12:20:18 AM
GOOD IDEA!!!!
Ooooooh, I like that idea..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I knew you would  ;D But, but please, please if you plan on turning up at Telford adorned by some remember that the majority of Celt warriors wore clothes when entering battle  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

kerick

A Tomcat from the Roman Empire would inspire tons of alternative history !
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Radish

Think I may have stuff I've built from The Imperial Roman Empire still existing. Both in 1/72, an F-104C and an F-15C. Very pretty too in natural metal plus decor.
;D

Radish

Not done much in terms of "plastic." Other stuff has taken precedence, like the garden.
Developed a bad back as a result which has given me gyp, but improving steadily. We sacked the gardener because he was generally unreliable, but have pretty much sorted the garden out ourselves now....mostly with severe pruning and weedkiller (boiling water!!!!), and around 30 large HEAVY bags of coloured stone.
BUT, bought some Star Wars thingies that'll re-appear in either WW1 or WW2 or other military colours....Gulf War?? Or, of course, the Imperial Roman AF, or SUAF.....Scottish Union Air Force?? I've also got markings for the CAF....that's the Welsh "Cymru Air Force."
Hey ho....hope to be back at the workbench soon, along with some good Viking Death Metal music!!
Oh....visually I look different. The long hair was thinning and is now GONE.
I've been scalped, or as my wife said, "Slap head" as she slapped me!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on July 05, 2021, 02:00:43 AM

I've been scalped, or as my wife said, "Slap head" as she slapped me!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Just check in the mirror that Mid hasn't stuck a "slap here" sign on the back of your bonce  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

NARSES2

Got my haircut this morning. Lovely Polish lass in the barbers. May have to get it trimmed more often  :angel: ;)

PR19_Kit

Ah yes, good thing you reminded me about that, I may have to get mine shorn too.............  ;) ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Yes, I need to get what little of my hair is left given a trim in the next week or two.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Back in the day when I was a "suede head" I used to go every two weeks or so, then I went well over a year without a visit, and now I'm just glad I still need to go every 8 weeks or so. Plus I get the pensioners rate  ;)

Radish

Meanwhile, a friend wrote,

"At 1640 I saw a Spitfire flying overhead, thought it looked Griffon-engined."

This raises the prospect of Spitfires (and other machines) serving during the English Civil War, 1642-1651.

I'll leave you to speculate on types, colours, markings,......after suitable research of flags, etc., from the period.
But would early biplanes have been Elizabethan or earlier?
:-\ :-\