Main Menu

fer Nev

Started by Captain Canada, July 13, 2004, 09:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Basically you want someone who hasn't cleaned out their history & tempory internet files for about 3 years!  :lol:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

No, when we changed servers it never came over........

I looked for it !

I need ST or Ollie or someone to retrieve it for me.........

:o  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mairfrog

Well, the PRU Spitfires were painted pink to better conceal them at low altitudes, especially near cloud. Don't ask me how that would work.  :ph34r:

The SR71 is unlikely to be stooging around in cloud at low altitude, so how about this.

"The 2010 Progressive Realignment of the RAF led to the creation of the world's first gay squadron, following the success of the Queens Light Infantry. Inter unit rivalry was intense, with the new squadron keen to prove their abilities. At the annual bombing/recce competition it was decided the new SR71 K needed a distinctive paint scheme for each competing unit. No. 69 (Alternative Lifestyle) Sqn RAF naturally chose pink. The squadron's honorary CO, Graham Norton OBE, described the new look as 'right up my alley. I can't wait to see the cockpit' before enquiring about 'reverse thrust' and 'afterburn'.

After a strong showing in the recce comp the Pinkbird was seleted as a display aeroplane for UK airshows and as an aid to recruitment. Despite their initially flamboyant reputation the 'Sixty-Niners' soon won over both their colleagues and the public with their professionalism and devotion to duty. The squadron gained an elite reputation for flying skill, so much so that pilots would often lie about their sexuality in order to get posted.

By 2024 the realisation that, despite recruitment quotas, No. 69 were by now no more gay than any other unit led to its offical status being quietly changed to that of a regular squadron. The Pinkbird was retired to the RAF Museum where it became a favourite with visitors and staff alike. The one regret of 69 Sqn's Honorary CO was that 'my unit never saw any action'."

nev

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ROFL!!!!

Actually, I shouldn't laugh, its far too close to reality.....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Davey B

QuoteThe 2010 Progressive Realignment of the RAF led to the creation of the world's first gay squadron, following the success of the Queens Light Infantry

Shouldn't that be the Earl of Wessex's Own Regiment?  :huh:  :blink:  

NARSES2

QuoteThe 2010 Progressive Realignment of the RAF led to the creation of the world's first gay squadron, following the success of the Queens Light Infantry

Shouldn't that be the Earl of Wessex's Own Regiment?  :huh:  :blink:
Now thats just plain nasty  :lol:  :D

Seriously though my local regiment is the West Surrey's aka "The Queens" - so a lot of my fathers mates were guenuine "Queens"

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Davey B

Sorry, should've added "alledgedly" after that. I'll have the powers-that-be down upon me any minute...