Kitbasher's blog: Too many ideas, not enough time.....

Started by kitbasher, April 18, 2012, 07:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Number 1 gun muzzles drilled out (a first for me!) and the barrels painted.  Finishing off the prop next.
Number 2 essentially all assembled, some work on the canopy I think will be necessary, but painting and decalling can begin this week.
Number 3 more work on the cockpit, wheels and other bits painted.  PSR looms too!
Number 4 fuselage and wings assembled, wheels and other bits painted.  PSR looms too!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Number 2 is finished.  Number 1 should follow soon. Will be concentrating on Number 3 after that with Number 4 probably now not going to be done until after Telford but I'll do my best to meet the deadline.

Looking back on my blog entries I note I was trying to get four built for last year's SMW and failed to finish one.  History repeating itself I fear, but at least that particular model is finished!

And dismay at noting the pair of real world builds that were put on hold top get those Telford efforts finished - they're still not finished so I really must get on with those in November.  Must knuckle down and get the partial builds out of the way.  Mind you, I feel myself being diverted by the prospect of possibly two Wellesley whifs.  Must be strong and deal with those in the new year.  Oh, and then there's something I'd like to get done before the Asiarama theme build expires.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Sadly no building tonight but will get the chance tomorrow.

Just briefly opened up my Smer Amiot 143.  Hilarious comedy aircraft - ' M. Hulot builds a bomber' written all over it!  The wing definitely looks very Whitley to me.  The while thing actually could be the illegitimate offspring of a Boulton-Paul Overstrand mated a with a Whitley.  Only not as pretty.

Nicely printed decal sheet though.

Father Ennis

Google it and check out what was on the inside.  Then you will really have a laugh...

kitbasher

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

I think there is a kitchen sink in there somewhere.  And a minibar probably.  Oh, and there's a large walk-in cupboard affair at the back end of the conservatory that alledgedly stored bombs but was probably for the latest male fashions from Paris.

It's great isn't it?  Makes Fred H-P's Heyford look sensible.  Suspect M. Amiot had had an absinthe or two too many when he sketched the 140 family out!

Father Ennis

WoW !!!  That WASN'T the sites I found !!!  All the sites I found were of the actual aircraft and its insides. My French is limited,to say the least but I really enjoyed the buildup article. Now that I've seen that,I have a much better idea of the interior layout.  BTW,I think the bar is infront of the lower piolets seat ...   That I saw a bottle on the table in one shot !!!

kitbasher

SMW build Number 1 is complete, need to focus on Number 3 now.  Number 4 very doubtful but will be worked on in the margin.

Never say never!

kitbasher

Reluctantly concluded that that's it for Telford builds and the two that are done will be it.  Quite liberating in a way as I can complete the other builds at a more relaxed pace and hopefully get better results.

Mind you, started a quick, therapeutic build of an Airfix Comet today.  Now that really is an ancient kit!  I don't see Airfix ever giving it a 21st Century makeover but I'd be tempted to buy one if they did.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Well, in the space of 15 minutes I've assembled the fuselage, the engine pods and fitted the wings and tailplane.  All is setting (one engine pod to fit later) and then the fun and games of PSR begin.  Enough clues?  ;)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.