Kitbasher's blog: Too many ideas, not enough time.....

Started by kitbasher, April 18, 2012, 07:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

how are the builds going now its well into 2015, kitbasher?  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

The Wooksta!

A Shackleton AEW3 is a non starter - no ground clearance for the radome, at least not without a much extended (Vulcan?) nosegear.  It's one I did look at.  Although an AEW2 with the MR3 canopy might look just that shade different... Especially if it's in Hemp/LAG...  I'm keeping that one for the Revell kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

That's too bad. I'm looking forward to seeing a plethora of Shaks next year !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Wooksta!

Actually, having looked at it further and experimenting with a built up Frog Shack and a resin radome, you'd have ground clearance with an extended nosegear.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Well, anyway.....

In answer to Trev's question 2015 has picked up from where 2014 left off.  That said I've been nibbling away at a whif that is slowly reaching completion, pics in due course.  A few more in the pipeline too so if I get my botty into gear they may be done this side of Christmas (that's Christmas 2015).

And for now I'm contemplating some Defiant-based whiffery.  Torn between getting an old school Airfix Defiant and using that as the source/base kit (quality of the kit is not an issue, no qualms about chopping up a dodgy old kit), two new Airfix Defiants (one real world, other the source kit) and getting rid of the MPM Defiant what-is-in-da-stash-innit, or just using the MPM kit (the basic version, not the hi-tech version) and having done with it.  The latter does mean not shelling out on a new kit, and I reckon I'd probably only make £8 on a sale which merely covers the cost of a new Airfix kit.  So why bother, I guess - use the MPM kit.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Must admit I'm now trying to figure out what to do with a couple of MPM Defiants ? Thinking of a naval variant or maybe as a single seat attack aircraft with the bombs in small bays in the wings as was the style in the late 30's ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

How about something along the lines of the Lysander beach strafer?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on January 17, 2015, 09:51:19 PM
How about something along the lines of the Lysander beach strafer?

Put the turret on the bottom so the gunner has a better view?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Quote from: kitbasher on January 17, 2015, 02:01:40 AM
the MPM Defiant what-is-in-da-stash-innit

Sounds like Buddy Wassisname !

Single seat, big chin rad, bombs and desert camo.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Ssssshhh...keep it to yourself but I may have finished a model by the end of this month, with another done next month.   :o

Both whifs, too!
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Captain Canada

Your secrets safe with me !

:thumbsup:

Looking forward to it
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Well after a 13-month 'temporary' stay, First Born moved out to share a house with friends in Twickenham.  One again the house is ours, and our alone.

That can only mean.....

.....The Return of Naked Tuesday!!!

Howard of Effingham

does that really mean david that you get the modelling den back? or is it the extension?  ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

kitbasher

Oh got the modelling room back when second-born got hitched and moved out in June, Trev.  Trouble is that matter that has questionable marriage status of its parentage (i.e. 'work') has got in the way big time in the last twelve months.  Too much to do and now a 4 to 41/2 total daily commute really saps the enthusiasm when one gets home in the evening.

Trying to work though it though and slowly getting back into the modelling rhythm since Xmas.

NARSES2

Where are you commuting to Dave ?

If I'm honest it was the commute that finally did for me. It just gets to you the older you get I found. Mine was about 3 hours a day...walk, train, another train, walk...so not to bad compared to a lot of others down south.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.