Kitbasher's blog: Too many ideas, not enough time.....

Started by kitbasher, April 18, 2012, 07:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 01, 2015, 07:00:32 AM
Where are you commuting to Dave ?

If I'm honest it was the commute that finally did for me. It just gets to you the older you get I found. Mine was about 3 hours a day...walk, train, another train, walk...so not to bad compared to a lot of others down south.

Uxbridge to Gatwick 4 to 5 times a week.  Brief walk to the Tube, change at Finchley Rd and again at Green Park to Victoria then the Gatwick Express and a brief bus ride.  Could drive but the M25.......well, you know what that can be like, and the M23 is just as bad at times.  At least I get chance to either read, work or vegetate on public transport.  And to be honest it's only another 30 minutes longer than the drive seems to be for the one or two I know do something similar.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Right, didn't realise you were down to Gatwick.

At least it's a good train service from Vic and you are going in the opposite direction to most of the commuters once you get to Vic
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

is it too cheeky to ask 'don't you wish you could work from home?'  ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

kitbasher

On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Ahhhh, the London commute.  I so don't miss it.
It was only the fact that I paid a mere 25% of the full season ticket price that made never ever getting a seat on the train or the tube bearable.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

Quote from: kitbasher on January 25, 2015, 10:33:07 AM
Ssssshhh...keep it to yourself but I may have finished a model by the end of this month, with another done next month.   :o

Both whifs, too!

So, failed miserably there then!  Said builds are inching closer to completion, so the end of this month is probably a realistic bet for their completion.

Have now finalised what I want to have done for Telford, so I guess at my current build rate I need to start then both at the beginning of April (around the tine of the one-week build).  One is Airfix, the other isn't.

And I've today started throwing together the parts of a build I want to get done by the end of this month.  Using a kit originally released way back in 1963, with 29 parts.  7 of these assembled in about 20 minutes.  Three other parts not worth using, and a fourth (the pilot) wouldn't be used anyway may change my mind in this case though).

kitbasher

RAF Super Sabre FG.1 almost done, real world FROG MC.202 right behind it.

And then it's the 1WGB, and after that I start my Telford builds.

Finally making more time for kit bashing.  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on March 28, 2015, 07:25:29 AM
real world FROG MC.202 right behind it.

Memories. A model that was my first encounter with Italian camouflage. I loved it then and ever since. The only difference is that back "then" I just dabbed some spots on with a brush and was happy, now without an airbrush I have severe anxiety pains even thinking about some of the complicated double mottles  :blink: Thank goodness for the availability of Mike Grants Italian squiggle camouflage sheets, please, please do double mottle Mike.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Seen at Cologne Airport on Wednesday:

The vegetarian version - 'Cabbage' - was nowhere to be seen.

kitbasher

Well, back from ModelKraft. Restrained spending I'm pleased to say. Although to be honest I wasn't looking out for much. Tried my best to be inspired by something for under a fiver - purely for whiffery - but frankly the 2nd hand traders (bar Collectakit) were asking silly prices.
As always came back with the urge to finish builds - must make more time for that and try and stick with a recent pledge to self to finish of the part builds before starting anything new.  Fat chance! Given my building rate I need to get started now on things for Telford!!
And thanks Mr Spackman for some tips on a subject seems we've both hit upon doing - great minds, etc 🎓 - although it may just mean that one of the two kits involved in the subject mashup may insted form part of a stash reduction and the other take a new course, inspired by one of the Planet Models range.
And I think I'm going to recycle some builds over the coming year or so rather than add to the stash. Some reccycling may be more radical then others, and there should be at least two cases of rerecyling.
Just saving the planet, that's all, dudes.

kitbasher

Meant to say yesterday that following much grumbling with Mr Spackman over trad rs prices for Matchbox Hunters and why I was looking for one:

• I found a second Revell F6 that I think may have been set aside to become an F4 that can take the P1099 conversion;
  • matched up the Merlin Vampire T11 leftovers to THAT PM half build and I think we are OK with that.

So actually I don't need a Matchbox Hunter after all. As Ian Fletcher would say, 'so that's all good'.

And has anyone been watching Peter Kay's 'Car Share'?  Very very funny and very well performed.

PR19_Kit

I found that M'box T7 that I mentioned y'day Dave, so if you find you do need one after all just give me a shout.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

kitbasher

Lots of chatter on Facebook this morning concerning the imminent delivery of an ex-Luftwaffe F-4F set to join HHA at Scampton to be flown in UK colours as a contracted target facilities role.

Follows a number of year's speculation on several forums, most recently the Key Publishing forum.

So, OGL. Which direction will your Phantasy Phantoms head of in next?