Kitbasher's blog: Too many ideas, not enough time.....

Started by kitbasher, April 18, 2012, 07:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Quote from: kitbasher on February 24, 2013, 06:09:19 AM
So how big are your stashes, and do you think you'll live to see it all built?

No idea and most likely no. But I share Kit's view on that, and I have three kids that can share the burden once I'm gone.   :thumbsup:

Far more worrying is the fact that I am foreseeing severe spatial problems IF I actually build some of my most cherished shelfqueens such as the A400, the Nimrod MR2P, the RC-135W, the KC-135R, the Sentry AEW1 etc etc..   :banghead:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Current builds are progressing steadily (just about to do some sanding), pleased with that.

Good bit of news in the week - invited to a local airspace meeting involving Fairoaks and Brooklands 'at a venue to be decided'.  I selfishly (but openly) suggested Brooklands because of the Hawker archive and.....they said yes!  So a meeting for a couple of hours in the morning then a couple of hours snooping.  Dammit I will find a drawing of the Hawker P.1032!!!!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

Quote from: kitbasher on February 24, 2013, 06:09:19 AM
So how big are your stashes, and do you think you'll live to see it all built?

1599 unstarted 1/72nd scale aircraft kits (6 more enroute, via Ebay). 60 72nd/76th scale targets and 17 Scifi star ships of several flavors and scales. And (insert what ever divine being you believe in here) only knows how many 72nd scale conversion sets.

And thats not counting my dads small scale armor stash
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 25, 2013, 08:08:25 AM
Yes indeed, perhaps we need a Shelf Stash too?

I have a storage room that is full of packing boxes of kits, a rack and several shelves full of kits and it's starting to spread to piles of kits on the floor! Not started using the loft yet but may have to resort to putting the 1/35th scale items up there to make space for what I have at the moment and the ikley expansions as well.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

I tried to go down the 'folding wing' route as the rule of thumb normally states; the length of aircraft is equal to the length of its' wing.
This is working well on my 1/72 Welsh Farm Sea Monster, using the stub wing of a Revell Victor on a Airfix Short Sunderland with 5 jet-podded engines. Well it's reducing my spare parts bin!!

kitbasher

An impulse purchase of a very old, recently re-released kit - an unplanned diversion from my current projects and an attempt at a quick build.  It's an aircraft that I've always found attractive - fascinating in fact.  The kit is so simple I forgot to read any of the intructions when spending the last twenty minutes putting together some sub-assemblies.  Threw together some rudimentary cockpit details to replace what came with the kit - and yes, you can buy a resin cockpit detail set but at more than twice the price of the kit!  A little bit of sub-assembly painting later today I think.
;D ;D
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Nope, although I do have a part-finished build that does use some Comet parts.  More on that later.  Much later.  Maybe 2017 at this rate!

kitbasher

Assembly essentially completed last night (one sub-assembly to do), some gap filling and seam sorting to follow tonight.

kitbasher

Had the good fortune to attend a meeting at Brooklands today that included a brief prowl around some of exhibits:

All taken with my phone, so apologies for any duffers!  Sadly didn't get to see the Hawker Archive as hoped for, but I do now know a man who could help me out with a query!

Logan Hartke

Looks like another sunny day in jolly old England!

Cheers,

Logan

kitbasher

jorel62