Kitbasher's blog: Too many ideas, not enough time.....

Started by kitbasher, April 18, 2012, 07:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: kitbasher on April 19, 2024, 02:05:59 PMApologies for getting all serioius but I saw this wonderful painting yesterday and thought of McLelland Barclay and his dazzle camouflage ideas for the US Navy.
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

:wub:  :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Reminds me in style of all those paintings that used to hang in the Imperial War Museum galleries back in the 60's
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Encounter between daughter-in-law and my 3-year old grandson earlier today:

Joey: "time to turn the telly off now Oz"
Oz: "Nooooo 😭 I need another programme to cheer me up"
Joey: "why are you feeling sad?"
Oz: "because you've told me to turn the telly off"

😂😂😂😂
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kitbasher on April 21, 2024, 09:37:27 AMEncounter between daughter-in-law and my 3-year old grandson earlier today:

😂😂😂😂

;D  ;D  :thumbsup:
Thanks for the giggle.

Old Wombat

Quote from: kitbasher on April 21, 2024, 09:37:27 AMEncounter between daughter-in-law and my 3-year old grandson earlier today:

😂😂😂😂

Ah, kids! ;D  ;D  ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitbasher

Big changes afoot.  Signed the contracts that'll take us away from life within London's orbital motorway/car park (😂), the M25.

Been here 25 years, lived here for a few years in the mid-80s but now it's time for a change.  Numerous reasons why, insomniacs PM me if you want the details!

Our 124-year old house of 20 years is sold and our new 92-year old place are sold/bought and we move around 21 August.

Glad to get my Corsair GR.1 done before then - possibly my last whif before the move but hoping to get my Tophe tribute Miles M.21 done by then.

There's another SQGB candidate but won't pick that one up until the dust has settled in the new house.

I also have a Kitnut tribute idea rattling around my head that I'd like to get done but again will decide on whether to do that once we've moved.  Need to get a FROG/FROGspawn Fairey Firefly first.

Fun and games, eh?
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

That's great news! Good luck with the move, hope it all goes nice and easy.

When is the housewarming party?   ;)  ;D

The Wooksta!

I've a Frog Firefly kicking about somewhere you can have.  It's in the loft somewhere...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Glad the sales/purchase has gone through ok  :thumbsup:  Just got to sort the physical shift down to the South Coast now, at least it's down hill  ;)

Hope it all goes as sweet as the proverbial mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 12, 2024, 05:08:29 AMI've a Frog Firefly kicking about somewhere you can have.  It's in the loft somewhere...

Will PM you later this evening, Lee. 👍

Cheers Nick and Chris.

PR19_Kit

Where are you headed for Dave? And is there a decent model shop anywhere near?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 12, 2024, 09:43:42 AMWhere are you headed for Dave? And is there a decent model shop anywhere near?

West Worthing, Kit.  And yes, Sussex Model Centre is a very good general purpose hobby shop - ask Chris and Colin (I think Colin's been there).

The Tangmere Aviation Museum is 30 or so minutes away.  Shoreham aerodrome and the prospect of a jolly in a Tiger Moth to the east, Goodwood and the prospect of a jolly in a Piper Cub to the west. 

I could of course sell body parts to pay for a Spitfire flight out of Goodwood!