Kitbasher's blog: Too many ideas, not enough time.....

Started by kitbasher, April 18, 2012, 07:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Some serious 'squarals' there Dave!

As I'd never even heard if a BH-3 till you mentioned it at the Brum Show could you tell us what's whiffable about your model please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 04, 2013, 01:10:44 PM
As I'd never even heard if a BH-3 till you mentioned it at the Brum Show could you tell us what's whiffable about your model please?

My BH-3 isn't a whif - OOB real world - but to me it looks very much like the Junkers monoplanes of late WW1 and therefore I think is prime material for some German spoofing.  Just check Google out at https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Junkers+D.1&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source?%7D&rlz=1I7SVED_enGB454GB455&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=uLj-UdJtz6uEB6P9gJgB&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=912 for a start.  Also Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkers_D.I.

At a time whe Britain was pumping out the Hawker Woodcock to me the BH-3 looks almost revolutionary.  I don't know whether an Airfix Bristol fighter engine and tailplane would fit but if it did that would make a great 20's RAF monoplane (oh no, feel a project starting!).

And what if it was fitted with an early Kestrel engine?

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Revised pictures attached in previous post - camera not phone this time.

And thanks for the plaudits, although Mr Kopro deserves some.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

And so to the New Oxford St MZ after work last night armed with a 20% off voucher from a colleague.  Yes, the Airfix Fulcrum with 30% already off that has been calling me for the last couple of weeks is finally purchased.
A kit I've never had any interest in but the markings options were the attraction.
That will be my last visit to the shop, so farewell Modelzone.

kitbasher

Chugging along with the Beaumaris and a couple of others that may or may not debut at Telford.

Meanwhile some amusement:

www.youtube.com/embed/3_i3PPe3i9Y?rel=0

kitbasher

Have had a real tussle using parts of the 'brown paper' sheet from last reissue of the original Airfix Gladiator.  Despite the odd nature of the sheet (purely due to the backing paper) it is very nicely printed with everything in register.  Colours for the WW2 subjects are way off but many items are handy for pre-war subjects.

But getting them off the backing paper!!!??? What's all that about???  Took well over an hour's soaking to get some serials off the sheet, yet the roundels came off pretty easily.  I had read of problems associated with the sheets but wasn't expecting the fight I had.

Anyway, back to the Beaumaris later today, and the plan for a little something for Telford has I think firmed up.

kitbasher

So frustrating.  Work has been mad this last few weeks, Mum was down for a few days, things to do in the house.  Just the usual domestic trivia we all have to get on with so not on the stump looking for the sympathy vote but the net result is no actual model making for at least three weeks.  Some research for future builds and tidying up of reference files which I guess does sort of count.  But with SMW only a month away and some builds I want to get done.....aaargh!  :banghead:

PR19_Kit

You need a different space/time continuum to escape into Dave. I have one but it's called 'retirement'..........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 05, 2013, 04:38:06 AM
You need a different space/time continuum to escape into Dave. I have one but it's called 'retirement'..........  ;D

Same here and I still run out of time  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

So Telford is just under a month away and as ever I've bitten off more than I can chew regarding SMW builds.

• Number 1 is complete - a bit of touching up with paint here and there. ;D
  • Number 2 has been in progress since before SMW2012 but is getting close to completion. :banghead:
  • Number 3 is progressing nicely.  Tailplane assembled, one wing assembled (well, almost) and th ecockpit is being built up from the inside out.  I know :blink:
  • Number 4 bought and started today.  Several sub-assemblies already done and necessary chopping complete.   Hopefully this one will be a smooth ride! :rolleyes:

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 05, 2013, 04:38:06 AM

I need that answer as well, only I can't afford it!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on October 08, 2013, 01:16:12 PM
and the cockpit is being built up from the inside out.  I know :blink:

Can you build it any other way?  :o

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 08, 2013, 01:42:15 PM
Quote from: kitbasher on October 08, 2013, 01:16:12 PM
and the cockpit is being built up from the inside out.  I know :blink:

Can you build it any other way?  :o

Yes but no but.....I mean bits have been fitted to the fuselage and now I'm putting other bits inside and then I'll paint it, when the cockpit should be made and painted as a sub-assembly and then fitted.  Aaw c'mon gimme a break!

kitbasher

Number 1 touching up still required.
Number 2 sanding (again), hopefully no more PSR required.
Number 3 bit more work on the cockpit
Number 4 some more cutting, plus painting of sub-assemblies begun.