Kitbasher's blog: Too many ideas, not enough time.....

Started by kitbasher, April 18, 2012, 07:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

IIRC the Frog version was much neater but of course they're MIND bogglingly rare these days.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Novo examples aren't that hard to find though - saw at least two at the Newark show a few weeks back.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Now I understand why The Wooksta! rubbishes the PM Ta154 at every opportunity!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on November 29, 2013, 02:41:57 AM
Now I understand why The Wooksta! rubbishes the PM Ta154 at every opportunity!

Is that the same mouldings as the Airfix one of a short while ago?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

It is indeed.  And in fact the PM boxing I have has the struts to take a fighter in Mistel configuration.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Hm, I have an Airfix one, but not even opened it to date. It sounds like I'd better not even try!  :o

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Fed up.  No modelling done since Telford, though it's not through lack of desire, loss of modelling mojo, etc.  So much going on at work, stuff to do in the house (e.g. doing some PSR and painting of a 1:1 scale bedroom this weekend -  and of course it's the room that doubles as my modelling room - soon to go altogether when daughter moves back in January).  I have managed a bit of filling on a couple of projects but I really would like the chance to spend a couple of days just playing with plastic - PSR, painting, decalling and nothing else.  And with a full house over Crimbo I don't see much kit bashing getting done there.

Let me be the first to officially say BAH HUMBUG!!!!!

Where's a scowling Ebeneezer Scrooge emoticon when you need one most!

kerick

In January you will be snowed in, isolated and nothing else to do but build, build, build....
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on December 15, 2013, 06:43:03 AM
I really would like the chance to spend a couple of days just playing with plastic - PSR, painting, decalling and nothing else.  And with a full house over Crimbo I don't see much kit bashing getting done there.

Easy answer to that.....retire  :rolleyes: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Oh dear.  Sad news - LHS to close at the end of the month after 35 years of trading.  Very sad.

I will be there again between now and the 31st, probably to stock up on sundries and also a kit or two.  Maybe three.

Really must now get that cheap Maquette Su-25 for whiffery before it's too late.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on December 17, 2013, 10:13:47 AM
Oh dear.  Sad news - LHS to close at the end of the month after 35 years of trading.  Very sad.

Very sad and my main source of Lifecolor  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

I'll be calling in for sundries, the Su-25 and an Airfix Valiant. Taking orders for a couple of guys at work.

Still a sad development.

Martin H

I take it your referring to TAHS?

Id heard rumors they were closing but nothing confirmed.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

Yep. First kit I remember buying from there (may not actually be the first, of course) was an Airfix Sunderland in around 1984. Celsia Models (long gone) was just down the road at the time. Much rivalry!

Sunderland is still in the stash. Still unbuilt. Santa ignores my annual pleas for an MR5 conversion kit - should have got the Canovac conversion when I could!

lancer

TAHS closing??? Damm! why? I never thought that place'd close. There goes my closest place for buying kits other than Airfix and Revell, decals and bits BUGGER... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die