Kitbasher's blog: Too many ideas, not enough time.....

Started by kitbasher, April 18, 2012, 07:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 23, 2022, 04:13:40 AMI disagree.  Overlarge stashes pose a hazard. Just look at what happened to Kit's bathroom ceiling.
We may need to think in terms of a Stash Amount Limitation Treaty...

:o

So would that be SALT III or IV ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 24, 2022, 05:40:14 AM
Quote from: zenrat on October 23, 2022, 04:13:40 AMI disagree.  Overlarge stashes pose a hazard. Just look at what happened to Kit's bathroom ceiling.
We may need to think in terms of a Stash Amount Limitation Treaty...

:o

So would that be SALT III or IV ?  ;D
I like it.
SALT I & II limited WMD;s SALT III onwards would kind of limit WWD's (weapons of wealth Destruction)
A very sinister device indeed. Just ask any surviving bank manager whos delt with me over the last 30 years or so...........Who am I trying to Kid? My stash will keep growing and growing.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Rick Lowe

It's probably at the Self-Propagating stage by now, surely?
If the stories are true you reached Critical Mass some time ago... ;)

Rheged

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 24, 2022, 02:59:06 PMIt's probably at the Self-Propagating stage by now, surely?

As I think I mentioned much earlier, once critical stash has been achieved  there is a theory (the so-called virgin birth theorem)  that it ought to be possible to extract viable kits from the stash that were never actually  installed there in the first place..............................so don't be unduly startled if you do find a 1/72 scale injection moulded Scimitar  or similar lurking!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Pellson

Quote from: Rheged on October 25, 2022, 12:49:59 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 24, 2022, 02:59:06 PMIt's probably at the Self-Propagating stage by now, surely?

As I think I mentioned much earlier, once critical stash has been achieved  there is a theory (the so-called virgin birth theorem)  that it ought to be possible to extract viable kits from the stash that were never actually  installed there in the first place..............................so don't be unduly startled if you do find a 1/72 scale injection moulded Scimitar  or similar lurking!

Tried that argument on SWMBO, pointing out the quite beneficial long term effects of not having to insert more capital in the kit supply process. However, as she's a Resource Manager professional, she threw the idea out, flogging me a bit while at it. Ah, well.. So I have to buy some more porcelain for Christmas. It was worth a try..  :rolleyes:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rheged on October 25, 2022, 12:49:59 AM

Well, in my experience it works with wire coat hangers...

'Critical Stash' - now that's a clever term.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on October 25, 2022, 01:58:42 AMflogging me a bit while at it.

How much did she get or you ?  ;)

In Brit slang one definition of flogging is to sell or offer for sale   ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 25, 2022, 05:38:08 AM
Quote from: Pellson on October 25, 2022, 01:58:42 AMflogging me a bit while at it.

How much did she get or you ?  ;)

In Brit slang one definition of flogging is to sell or offer for sale   ;D

Let's just stay with the notion that a valuation of my person would have shown a curve through this event bearing some similarity to the British state economy development over the last month-and-a-half..  ;)

NARSES2

Ah right. Hope you have a miners helmet with a nice big lamp on the front to hand then  ;D

Chris - who doesn't know whether to laugh or cry  :unsure:

Martin H

Dispite being on the other side of the pond. I plead the 5th on that one.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on October 25, 2022, 12:49:59 AM..............................so don't be unduly startled if you do find a 1/72 scale injection moulded Scimitar  or similar lurking!

Actually I HAVE got one, nay TWO of them.  :thumbsup:

The much commented on Skybirds kit, and a thing of beauty it is too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Would love a decent Scimitar kit at a sensible price.  I'd also like an average Scimitar kit (or a part-build or scrapped model) at a knock-down price to cross-kit with a CF-100.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

I can't imagine why that's never happened. The only other Scimitar kit was the Xtrakit ones, and they're about as rare as the Skybirds ones these days, and both kits are LUDICROUSLY expensive!  :o

Xtrakit ones are £150 or so on a well known auction site, and a Skybirds one is over £200!

There's the Contrail vacform version going for £55 in the USA, but the postage is another £15.

Phew, it seems I'm sitting on a gold mine with my two......................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit