Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on

Started by NARSES2, April 21, 2012, 02:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

No modelling recently for various reasons, but I did decide to go through my old photo folders and try and title the individual files to show what was included in them rather than just be ordered by date taken.

Took a while but was quite relaxing. However what surprised me was just how many models I've completed since 2008 when the I got back into the hobby seriously. I also couldn't actually remember what a couple of the types included were, especially some of the prototypes, but Putnams or Google sorted that, although there's still one French aircraft I'm struggling over. I think it's the final Swiss development of the DW 520, but I need to confirm it. Sadly though it did remind me of how my modelling ability has deteriorated over the last couple of years through eyesight and other issues. Still life goes on, and it's far better than the alternative  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Nothing wrong with Memory Lane and Glories Past.

Chin up, old bean! :thumbsup:

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 08, 2023, 05:40:16 AMSadly though it did remind me of how my modelling ability has deteriorated over the last couple of years through eyesight and other issues. Still life goes on, and it's far better than the alternative  ;)

That's the upside of never having been any good, just having had fun. I may build shitty, but I'm still having fun..  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on August 09, 2023, 02:41:18 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 08, 2023, 05:40:16 AMSadly though it did remind me of how my modelling ability has deteriorated over the last couple of years through eyesight and other issues. Still life goes on, and it's far better than the alternative  ;)

That's the upside of never having been any good, just having had fun. I may build shitty, but I'm still having fun..  ;)

I was never any good, just a bit better  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

As long as you're still having fun, mate, that's all that matters! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

zenrat

Well you know what they say "the older you get, the better you were...".
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 11, 2023, 04:23:39 AMWell you know what they say "the older you get, the better you were...".

You don't know just how true that is  :angel:

kitbasher

'Still better than the alternative'.

Depends.  Plenty of alternatives on the sub-atomic level!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on August 11, 2023, 04:23:39 AMWell you know what they say "the older you get, the better you were...".

Wise words from Zenrat!    I have a former colleague who claims he peaked six months before  birth and has  been in a steady decline ever since
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Was hoping to return to the bench today after a while away for various reasons, but unfortunately the new rail strike dates announced by the RMT yesterday meant I spent the morning hastily trying to rearrange various travel/hotel bookings. Still need to finish sorting it all out.  :banghead:  Can't these people on both sides just be locked in a room with food and water and kept there until they sort things out ? At the moment we just have people posing for the media  :-\

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 12, 2023, 05:35:43 AMWas hoping to return to the bench today after a while away for various reasons, but unfortunately the new rail strike dates announced by the RMT yesterday meant I spent the morning hastily trying to rearrange various travel/hotel bookings. Still need to finish sorting it all out.  :banghead:  Can't these people on both sides just be locked in a room with food and water and kept there until they sort things out ? At the moment we just have people posing for the media  :-\

Your suggestion has considerable merit!

It used to be the case that  indecisive  sixteenth, seventeenth and eighteenth century  juries could be locked in the jury room  "without food, fire or light"    until they came to a decision.   Perhaps one ought to revisit this procedure
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

After yesterday's fun and games which still isn't fully sorted  :-\  I did manage to visit the bench for a bit this morning.  :thumbsup:

Got some work done on the Tempest, not much but it's moving forward. Also made a start on my next project which will involve some minor changes to a Kittyhawk Mk Ia.

Finally over a mug of tea I had a look at a couple of resin twins I've had in the stash for eons.  Was stunned to be reminded of just how good the casting quality was  :bow:  One may well get tackled before Christmas   :angel:

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!