Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on

Started by NARSES2, April 21, 2012, 02:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Pellson

Quote from: kitbasher on December 08, 2023, 09:02:19 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 08, 2023, 06:30:00 AMProgress is always good  :thumbsup:

Keeps one sane.

Apparently not, as I was posting in the wrong blog..  ;D
Ah, well.. I guess this is a sign that I really could do with a few weeks off.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

The Tempest II has been matted, just needs a little gloss on the lights etc and then she's ready for her finishing ceremony  :thumbsup:   After that I need to finalise the backstory and she'll be unveiled.

Also whilst looking for something else I discovered a couple of started builds that may be eligible for the SQGB ? I need to check if I actually ever got around to posting them on site, but I'll check in the next week or so.  Involves a couple of Anigrand kits.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 11, 2023, 05:51:04 AMAfter that I need to finalise the backstory and she'll be unveiled.

Backstory completed yesterday afternoon  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

kitbasher

Wow, strikingly different (and unexpected).  Well done Chris 👍
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

DogfighterZen

That looks do good! Love the effect of the stripes. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

While perusing Hannants new arrivals, as I do every Saturday morning, I was taken aback by the restock of Hat figures. Took me back to my Wargamming days in the 60's when you struggled to get anything other than basic Napoleonics and Ancients, and then they were metal and expensive. The only ranges that were anywhere near as expansive were by the German Flats manufacturers and they were imported and expensive. Sometimes things do change for the better  ;D

NARSES2

Did a little work on an ongoing SAAF Kittyhawk project, but this time of year is not conducive to progress.

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 16, 2023, 05:35:37 AMDid a little work on an ongoing SAAF Kittyhawk project, but this time of year is not conducive to progress.

Just taken a step backwards on this. Realised that instead of using Zinc Chromate Yellow on the wheel bays I used USN Chrome Yellow  :banghead: I doubt it will notice, but I will cover with the "correct" paint.  :angel:

Pellson

I am relating violently! There are uncountable times I've refine something no one else ever would notice - or even see - just because I know I would have remembered it every time I would have played eyes on the model, and it would have annoyed me to no end, eternally..  ;D
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on December 17, 2023, 04:08:53 AMI am relating violently! There are uncountable times I've refine something no one else ever would notice - or even see - just because I know I would have remembered it every time I would have played eyes on the model, and it would have annoyed me to no end, eternally..  ;D

;D  ;D  Well that's at least 2 of us then  ;)

Correct colour applied  :thumbsup:

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....