Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on

Started by NARSES2, April 21, 2012, 02:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

A miniscule amount of progress is more than I have managed.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Broke out the RLM 66 for the interior of the Me 410, will need a second coat, but it's progress  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Very little progress for various reasons, but I'm happy to say that none of them are Mojo related. So hoping to get back to the desk next week  :thumbsup:

Oh and after some recent battles with various software platforms/apps etc I'm begining to realise that my understanding of the word intuitive is completely different form Generation X's or whatever they call themselves  :banghead:

Come the Revolution boys and girls  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on June 19, 2024, 12:26:17 PMGen Z these days, old chap!

From that I assume I'm Gen B and Kit's Gen A ?  :angel:

I still can't get my brain around what all these Gen "whatever's" mean  :unsure: I mean back in the day you were defined either by your musical or fashion choices and often the two were linked.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

I'm pretty sure Kit's was Gen , either that or it was Gen A (α). :angel:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 20, 2024, 08:19:28 AM.... or even earlier....................

If so then just be careful that a couple of t**ts don't come along and spray you with orange paint  :angel:

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 21, 2024, 05:18:23 AMCome the Revolution boys and girls  ;)

Seems to be becoming your mantra, Chris. ;)

And, if things keep going the way they are, it could soon become mine! :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 21, 2024, 05:18:23 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 20, 2024, 08:19:28 AM.... or even earlier....................

If so then just be careful that a couple of t**ts don't come along and spray you with orange paint  :angel:

Language, Timothy!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on June 21, 2024, 05:47:31 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 21, 2024, 05:18:23 AM

Language, Timothy!

Having just checked the dictionary it's obvious that the offficial definition is not the same as that when used by the SE London working class, where it's purely a derogatory term. Whence I apologise, have edited it and will enter myself in the Book  :-\  :rolleyes:

NARSES2

When I was Wargamming back in the dark ages (mid 1960's) my two favourite periods were Malburian and Byzantine Rome, could you get any reasonably priced semi decent figures for them, like hell you could. So you improvised. Now look at this cornucopia, and this is just the new arrivals.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=105&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=&code=&product_type_id=all_figure&scale_id=956&keyword_search=&arrival_date=1&setPerPage=25&currency_id=

Steel Penguin

the curse of the wargamer   :banghead:  :thumbsup:
you do the research, then get the " closest " you can spend a massive amount of time converting and altering, and then BINGO some one releases the entire range, ( bar that one, slightly odd unit you thought was good)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!