Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on

Started by NARSES2, April 21, 2012, 02:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on June 15, 2023, 12:58:01 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 15, 2023, 12:39:20 AMShould have gone to cricket yesterday rather than Sunday. Surrey were getting a right hammering from Kent for the 3 days, Kent set them 501 to win in their second innings. The boys did it with 5 wickets in hand  ;D

For those who live in heathen lands where the Great Game is not practiced this meant they got the runs required, in  the time available and still had 5 wickets out of 10 to spare  ;D

Someone won?  ;)

Indeed and it was my home county  ;D  :thumbsup:

Cricket doesn't always end in a draw, which is different from a tie, but sometimes you have to play for one and that can lead to some heroics by tail-enders  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 16, 2023, 05:51:07 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 15, 2023, 12:39:20 AMShould have gone to cricket yesterday rather than Sunday. Surrey were getting a right hammering from Kent for the 3 days, Kent set them 501 to win in their second innings. The boys did it with 5 wickets in hand  ;D

For those who live in heathen lands where the Great Game is not practiced this meant they got the runs required, in  the time available and still had 5 wickets out of 10 to spare  ;D

Someone won?  ;)

Cricket doesn't always end in a draw, which is different from a tie, but sometimes you have to play for one and that can lead to some heroics by tail-enders  ;)

And now everyone from a non-cricketing nation is completely confused! ;D  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 16, 2023, 06:36:07 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 16, 2023, 05:51:07 AM

Someone won?  ;)

And now everyone from a non-cricketing nation is completely confused! ;D  :thumbsup:

He hasn't even started to explain the Duckworth- Lewis-Stern  rules yet.    See if this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duckworth%E2%80%93Lewis%E2%80%93Stern_method  makes you any the wiser.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kerick

I watched a cricket game.........
Once..........
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 16, 2023, 06:36:07 AMAnd now everyone from a non-cricketing nation is completely confused! ;D  :thumbsup:

Then my mission is complete  :angel:

Quote from: kerick on June 16, 2023, 08:37:22 AMI watched a cricket game.........
Once..........

Ah, but that's the point, you don't so much as watch a game of cricket as take part in the day. It's as much about the tea, beer and sandwiches as the game and we haven't even started on the etiquette and rituals surrounding it  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 17, 2023, 05:57:59 AMAh, but that's the point, you don't so much as watch a game of cricket as take part in the day. It's as much about the tea, beer and sandwiches as the game and we haven't even started on the etiquette and rituals surrounding it  :angel:

..which, incidentally, is why I feel I really ought to give it a try for real some time. On location, so to speak.

Ah, well..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on June 17, 2023, 01:18:24 PM..which, incidentally, is why I feel I really ought to give it a try for real some time. On location, so to speak.

"The Plan, the Cunning Plan"....."Shhhh Baldrick you'll give the game away"  :angel:  ;)

Seriously though I was once co-opted to help accompany a group of US customers we were entertaining to Day Two at an Oval Test  (my old boss was a cricket nut, but didn't want to explain the game to them  :angel: ) and they were bored silly until I explained to them what some of the statistics floating around meant and then they got quite interested. One in particular seemed to think it resembled baseball in that respect  :unsure: I then explained that only girls played baseball in the UK, but they called it rounders and at that point was despatched to the bar by my boss.  ;)  :angel:

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Went to RHS Wisley yesterday. Lovely weather in the main, just a few heavy drops of  the wet stuff where we were. Also had my first full English cream tea in eons. I'd forgotten just how nice that can be sitting outside in the sun  :thumbsup:  Pub was good on the way home as well  ;)

NARSES2

July's SAM dropped through the letter box this morning with a thud and its got its usual mix of subjects, but the one that stood out to me was a Wif build of a type I was vaguely aware of, but didn't realise there was an injection moulded kit of it. Anigrand did/do one in resin I think but that's it.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

McColm

It looks like a six engined Boeing C-97 to me, the Academy 1/72 kit comes with a few extra parts that relate to the B-29.

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 20, 2023, 05:50:29 AMJuly's SAM dropped through the letter box this morning with a thud and its got its usual mix of subjects, but the one that stood out to me was a Wif build of a type I was vaguely aware of, but didn't realise there was an injection moulded kit of it. Anigrand did/do one in resin I think but that's it.

I think I've seen one of these Fugaku at a show, might well have been Gary Wenkos Japanese Aviation SIG.

zenrat

Yep, 1/144

https://www.frontlinehobbies.com.au/fujimi-1-144-fugaku

I looked at getting one of these but rejected it because I didn't want to start buying kits in another scale.  Of course since then i've picked up a few 144 kits, so...

:unsure:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..