Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on

Started by NARSES2, April 21, 2012, 02:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 04, 2023, 06:47:27 AMDuring last years annual check-up the doctor told me that my body was no longer diabetic. , and my medication was drastically reduced. I Was fine at the 6 month check if I'm still ok this year then I come off it  :thumbsup: Still need to keep an eye on it, but  :thumbsup:

Now, that's REALLY good news!! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, that's for sure! :thumbsup:

Really glad your health is improving, even if your eyes aren't ... mine are heading down a similar road, just a couple of decades behind you (last eye check showed that I have very slight yellowing of the lenses, an early sign of cataracts).

I really need to start building faster! :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Cheers gents  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 05, 2023, 05:10:52 AMI really need to start building faster! :rolleyes:

I think a lot of us could adopt that as a motto  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Pellson on October 04, 2023, 06:55:38 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 04, 2023, 06:47:27 AMDuring last years annual check-up the doctor told me that my body was no longer diabetic. , and my medication was drastically reduced. I Was fine at the 6 month check if I'm still ok this year then I come off it  :thumbsup: Still need to keep an eye on it, but  :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more!  :thumbsup:

kerick

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 06, 2023, 01:27:29 AM
Quote from: Pellson on October 04, 2023, 06:55:38 AM

Couldn't agree more!  :thumbsup:

Whatever you're doing, keep doing it!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

No progress, been rather busy with site duties, SIG duties etc, however whilst attending to the later I encountered MS's AI programmes for the first time. I assume it/they were part of the Windows 10 update that took forever to download yesterday ? I was using a couple of my own photographs in an article and the AI wanted to add captions. Ended up having quite a row with the flippin thing, lucky I live on my own  :angel:  Everytime I come across these type of developments I'm reminded of Zager and Evans "In the Year 2525"  :-\

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

frank2056

Microsoft:  "These features work great and people love them and have gotten used to the way they work! Let's change it to something that will be harder to use and more confusing!"

Example from Windows 11: You want to delete a file or folder on the desktop. Before Windows 11, you right click on the file or folder, then select delete. Done. Windows 11... right click, scroll down, make another menu pop up, then select delete. There are ways to return it to the old method - but they shouldn't have messed with it in the first place.

Rick Lowe

I have heard the theory that they keep their minions doing all these endless tweaks and 'upgrades', so that they are kept busy and don't go off to a competitor looking for better work/conditions... :banghead:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 14, 2023, 02:32:33 PMI have heard the theory that they keep their minions doing all these endless tweaks and 'upgrades', so that they are kept busy and don't go off to a competitor looking for better work/conditions... :banghead:

I've heard that theory from a couple people in the business back in the day and am a firm believer in it.  :-X

Quote from: frank2056 on October 14, 2023, 01:52:55 PMMicrosoft:  "These features work great and people love them and have gotten used to the way they work! Let's change it to something that will be harder to use and more confusing!"

That is oh so true.  :banghead:

Gondor

If you upgraded to Windows 11, did you notice that the "Start" button is now in the middle of the task bar?

That happened to me at work, I changed it back the the left by searching through the Advanced Options in the Task bar menu.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....