Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on

Started by NARSES2, April 21, 2012, 02:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on October 15, 2023, 05:32:12 AMIf you upgraded to Windows 11, did you notice that the "Start" button is now in the middle of the task bar?

That happened to me at work, I changed it back the the left by searching through the Advanced Options in the Task bar menu.

Gondor

I stayed with Windows 10. I'll probably stay with it until I get a new laptop.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I'm with Win10 too, if it ain't broke etc............................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

The tower I use at home is upgraded as far as it will go, the processor is not able to go past 10 so this is where it will stay. When I do upgrade my tower it might be a custom made effort trying to use at least the graphics card if possible.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

scooter

I have to keep telling Windoze Update that I don't want to upgrade my version of 10 to 11.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Steel Penguin

yea, like whatever  the my main machine is till 7,  i ant fixing what aint broke!  :wacko:
i ue a more modern version at work ( 10 i think) and it isnt more impressive in any way ive used yet.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

frank2056

Windows 11 can be tamed with some 3rd party utilities and online tutorials. It looks and acts pretty much like Windows 10 afterwards. I just upgraded my old computer and it came with a bloatware free Windows 11.  Still, getting Windows 11 into shape took 2-3 hours (mainly fix something, notice a new pointless change, fix that, etc.)

Windows 10 is still good (update-wise) until 2025 or so. No need to upgrade unless you want to or have no choice,

kerick

I think most of these "upgrades" are just programmers rearranging the buttons and changing the screen layout. Some people justifying their jobs.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Picked up my 2024 Legends of WWII Calendar this morning. Always some decent pictures of various Allied aircraft types and not all are the "common" ones. My favourite this year ? A Tempest V peeling away after shooting down what would appear to be a Ta-152.  :thumbsup:

Also finally picked up a copy of Terry Pratchett's final work "A Stroke of the Pen - the lost stories"  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Travelled up to Telford yesterday and was absolutely shattered by the time I arrived. Interesting journey from Euston though, apart from getting stuck behind a freight train which delayed us, we then got stuck outside Birmingham New St by a "Vulnerable male on the tracks"  :unsure: . When we eventually got there I saw said "vulnerable male" being lead away by British Transport Police wrapped in a blanket and singing his head off, well I assume it was him, although Birmingham is a strange place  :angel:  The two wpc's were killing themselves laughing.

The delays meant I missed my connection but New St has a Weatherspoons and I'll get compensation.  On arriving at Telford I discovered that building work meant I couldn't follow my normal route to the hotel and had to go the long way around. Like all new towns Telford's planners delighted in making the long way around live up to its name, and it was raining  :banghead:  Still got here in the end. Cab back to the station monday methinks.

Gondor

Quote from: kerick on October 15, 2023, 08:34:26 PMI think most of these "upgrades" are just programmers rearranging the buttons and changing the screen layout. Some people justifying their jobs.

Has caused some fun at my work were some of us can't get the Quick Access part of the Explore window when it opens. IT think it my be a conflict with one of the programs we use, I will find out when I get back to work on Monday as I kept the two day's holidays for Thursday and Friday as my Telford Weekend break even though I am not going this year.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 10, 2023, 01:23:52 AMTravelled up to Telford yesterday and was absolutely shattered by the time I arrived. Interesting journey from Euston though, apart from getting stuck behind a freight train which delayed us, we then got stuck outside Birmingham New St by a "Vulnerable male on the tracks"  :unsure: . When we eventually got there I saw said "vulnerable male" being lead away by British Transport Police wrapped in a blanket and singing his head off, well I assume it was him, although Birmingham is a strange place  :angel:  The two wpc's were killing themselves laughing.

The delays meant I missed my connection but New St has a Weatherspoons and I'll get compensation.  On arriving at Telford I discovered that building work meant I couldn't follow my normal route to the hotel and had to go the long way around. Like all new towns Telford's planners delighted in making the long way around live up to its name, and it was raining  :banghead:  Still got here in the end. Cab back to the station monday methinks.

Have an absolutely lovely stay! I envy you!  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

PR19_Kit

I spent the day at the Classic Car Show at the NEC, en route to Telford, and as a result I'm KNACKERED now.

Hidden away in a hotel in Walsall (Deep joy...............) ready for a crack of dawn start tomorrow.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

When I win that huge lottery prize I'll make a point of visiting. Sounds like you guys are going to have too much fun!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Got home yesterday (Monday) with my purchases, see elsewhere and a shocking cold, it's an absolute B so won't be doing much for the next couple of days  :-\

Journey home was slightly disrupted by Storm Debi which caused some problems on both sections of my route. However I always give myself plenty of time for connections, unlike some on the train, and I just spent the waiting time in Wetherspoons's on New St station, plenty of time for a leisurely pint. Only "iffy" part was the final bus leg home which coincided with the local schools chucking out time  :rolleyes:

Great show and really good to meet up with so many new faces, some of whom had travelled some fair old distances  :bow:  Also had 5 or 6 people seriously interested in our side of the hobby, especially after I'd bamboozled them with our raison d'etre  :angel:

Anyway that's it for another year. Hotel is booked for that and it's only £3 more than this  :thumbsup: