Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on

Started by NARSES2, April 21, 2012, 02:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 18, 2023, 06:15:59 AM
Quote from: Pellson on December 17, 2023, 04:08:53 AMI am relating violently! There are uncountable times I've refine something no one else ever would notice - or even see - just because I know I would have remembered it every time I would have played eyes on the model, and it would have annoyed me to no end, eternally..  ;D

;D  ;D  Well that's at least 2 of us then  ;)

Correct colour applied  :thumbsup:

3... :banghead:  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

No modelling, but I did have my bi-annual BP test this morning, or conversation with the "Health and Welfare Adviser" as she is now know., (very attractive young lady   ;) ). All absolutely spot on and she took my blood and urine samples for my Diabetes check as well to save time. Must remember to wash my feet  :angel:

Must be getting old as she told me about the "Company and welfare" group the practice now runs. I gave her a "Look" and I think that's the end of that discussion.  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Will she be in The Book as a result of that suggestion then?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

A little bit of poodling on the one subject that's far enough down the path of construction to be declared "almost there".  Need to make a final choice of which squadron markings it will wear, but as it's a choice between two I may well do a mix and match. Also need to affix the parts that will make it just a little bit different  :angel:

I'm off for a couple of days in a weeks time or so, doubt it will get finished by then, but one never knows.

Happy New Year all  :cheers:  :party:  :cheers:

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Pellson

Quote from: kitbasher on December 31, 2023, 10:21:48 AMHNY, Chris.  🍻🥂🎇🎆
2nd'd.
And thanks a lot for the year that has passed, mate. It's been a sheer joy.

Looking much fwd to carrying on during '24 as well.  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

NARSES2

Little bit of progress on the current project. Paintwork is finished and the "bits that will make it stand out" attached.  :angel:  Might get the transfers done before it gets a tad busy next week, but I doubt it. Still getting there  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

A little more progress, some detail painting done, on the current project. Made very little progress, none if I'm honest, over the last few weeks as I've been very busy with other things plus the model room is the coldest room in the house and it's been flippin' freezing  :-X

Got a couple of very busy weeks coming up, including a big, flash family wedding, so at best I'll just get a little tinkering done.

NARSES2

Just got back from the wilds of a very wet Northumberland, although thankfully it stayed dry for the happy couples actual day  :thumbsup:

Anyway as an example of the rigidity of computer systems working to ones advantage, when I arrived at Newcastle station yesterday morning I found out that the 9:30 to London, my train, had been cancelled. Now I always get to stations an hour or so early, avoids rushing/means I can grab a cup of coffee and paper etc, so when I asked the LNER guy what I should do, he simply looked at his watch and said "oh just get the 9:00 train". Now this is actually faster than the 9:30, 2 stops compared to 5,  and as my connections in London just fell into place I got home 90 minutes earlier than expected. Result  :thumbsup:

However to add to the absurdity of it when I opened my e-mails this morning there was an automated e-mail from GNER apologising that my train had been cancelled and therefore as I was over 30 minutes late I would automatically get a full refund of my fare. They have a sliding scale of refunds for delays if you book in advance.  On checking my bank account it was already in there  :thumbsup:  Obviously their system had just assumed I'd got a later train and sent me the dosh  ;D  Double result  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

The stupidity of inanimate systems, don't you just LOVE them sometimes!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est