Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on

Started by NARSES2, April 21, 2012, 02:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Well that's a nice little bonus on top of what sounds like a great weekend  ;D

What kit do you plan to buy with this windfall?

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on February 14, 2024, 04:20:02 AMWell that's a nice little bonus on top of what sounds like a great weekend  ;D

What kit do you plan to buy with this windfall?

Thinking about an Airfix 1/48 Gannet  :thumbsup:  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Ordered the Airfix 1/48 gannet yesterday using my refunded train fare and I've still got enough left for some bits and pieces  :thumbsup: Got a good deal direct from Airfix what with my Club discount and free postage  :thumbsup:

Meanwhile got up at 5:00am this morning to go and get my knees X-rayed as per Dr's instructions. The hospitals walk in X-Ray dept opens at 8:00am and I was first in the queue, absolutely creamed now though. Hospital waiting rooms are interesting places that's for sure  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on February 20, 2024, 06:50:28 AM:thumbsup:

When do you get your results, Chris?

Should be with my Doctor in two weeks, which is just before she has me starting physio on them  :thumbsup:

McColm

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 21, 2024, 04:43:03 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on February 20, 2024, 06:50:28 AM:thumbsup:

When do you get your results, Chris?

Should be with my Doctor in two weeks, which is just before she has me starting physio on them  :thumbsup:
I only had the one session with my physio, I hope everything goes well.

NARSES2

Cheers. Must admit I'm a tad sceptical, as in my brain the idea of physio for a knee issue doesn't quite gell, but then I never got to university  ;) We shall give it a go  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 22, 2024, 02:43:01 AMCheers. Must admit I'm a tad sceptical, as in my brain the idea of physio for a knee issue doesn't quite gell, but then I never got to university  ;) We shall give it a go  :thumbsup:

Physiotherapy is about strengthening the muscles around a weakened/unstable joint to take the strain of the weakness & re-stabilise the joint.

In young(er) people this can lead to complete recovery & repair of the injured joint.

In old(er) people it's more about minimising the risk of further injury/de-stabilisation.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

DogfighterZen

Speaking as one who's had quite a few months of physiotherapy on multiple occasions for several different injuries, do as much of it as possible. Like Guy said, it works wonders for a proper recovery or at the very least, minimizing damage and strengthening of ligaments and muscles which in time will bring relief of some, if not all pain.
Some stuff will probably be hard at first but it'll be worth it in the long term.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Gondor

That's one of the great things about this forum, someone somewhere either has or knows someone who has done a particular job or gone through a procedure at some point and are able to give advice.  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Nick

For damaged knees the appropriate physio can be as simple as sit on a sturdy chair and hold your leg out straight for 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times, morning noon and night. If it hurts too much, stop doing it.

This might help but check with your doctor first. https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/muscle-bone-and-joints/exercises/exercises-for-knee-problems/

Just do what the nurse says and take it easy.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Nick on February 23, 2024, 08:55:35 AMJust do what the nurse says and take it easy.

Always do what Nurse Says...  :wub:

(sorry, my eyes saw that and my mind went... somewhere...)