Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on

Started by NARSES2, April 21, 2012, 02:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Got some more work done on the Airfix Me 410, mainly interior and some sub-assemblies and all I'll say is that the engineering is superb. If parts don't fit then you've either not cleaned them up properly or are trying to put something where it's not meant to be  :angel:  It really has been a superb build so far and if the forthcoming Liberator and Bulldog are up to this standard then  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Not as much work done on the 410 today as I would of liked as I spent a lot of the morning having fun with my IT,  thank you Norton  :banghead: . Still that's life and it's better than the alternative, or so I'm told  :angel:

Anyway I did get a few more sub-assemblies complete. Like most of the recent Airfix kits I've tackled the 410 can be built as a series of sub-assemblies which can then be brought together at later stages. I quite like it as a way of working as you can compartmentalise the whole process, it also enables you to see parts that won't be visible on the finished model and thus avoid painting them  :angel:

The one thing I do find irksome about them however is the large number of sprue gates and the cleaning up this causes. Still I assume this is the price we pay for the incredible detail ? Might need to invest in a set of sprue cutters similar to those Nick bought at Telford ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

I'll have to charge you commission on those sprue cutters seeing as I mentioned them to you in the first place   ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on March 27, 2024, 11:36:58 AMI'll have to charge you commission on those sprue cutters seeing as I mentioned them to you in the first place   ;D

Oh is that right ? and who dragged you to the stand and egged you on then ?  ;)  :angel:

Anyway I've found some decent Hungarian AF 210 schemes, which I shall adapt with a couple of tweaks for my 410.  I've also found some aftermarket Hungarian 210 transfer sheets, however I'm sure that I  can cobble together something very similar from the "spares" box.

So it looks as though she will be defending Ploiesti in 1944  ;)

The Wooksta!

Completely left field - post war Yugoslavia instead of Mosquitoes?

Much easier scheme of light grey (RLM 75?) over light blue (76?)
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 28, 2024, 04:58:04 AMCompletely left field - post war Yugoslavia instead of Mosquitoes?

Much easier scheme of light grey (RLM 75?) over light blue (76?)

Interesting idea for the second one, cheers  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Broke the seal on a new tube of filler yesterday and the solvent in it erupted. Model room has now been declared a chemically hazardous zone by the UN   :angel:  Gordon Bennett does that stuff stink or what ?

On a different note, woke up this morning and realised that I retired from British Steel 17 years ago today  :o  How time flies

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 31, 2024, 01:52:55 AMBroke the seal on a new tube of filler yesterday and the solvent in it erupted. Model room has now been declared a chemically hazardous zone by the UN   :angel:  Gordon Bennett does that stuff stink or what ?

On a different note, woke up this morning and realised that I retired from British Steel 17 years ago today  :o  How time flies

Humbrol filler?  Same's happened to me with 2 different tubes.

And happy retirementversary - 4 years for me in June.  Jeez, feels like yesterday, where's the time gone??
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on March 31, 2024, 02:40:44 AMHumbrol filler?  Same's happened to me with 2 different tubes.

Yup, but had it happen, although not so violently with Revell as well.

NARSES2

Very little done recently been involved in other site and SIG tasks etc. Also had annual opticians and retina scan to deal with. Been preying on my mind a bit, but opticians was ok this morning, well no deterioration anyway, so if the retina scan is ok next week I can park those for another year.

Hopefully, all things crossed, get back to the bench next week.

kitbasher

Good result, Chris, fingers crossed the retina scan goes well 🤞
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Nick

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on April 17, 2024, 08:46:20 AMFingers crossed, eyes not crossed  ;D

True. It's bad enough with the strong eye (strong is a comparative term here  :angel: ) trying to compensate for the weaker one  :rolleyes:

I met a guy in the States once who reckoned looking through my prescription lenses was way better than hash, and as for my prescription swimming goggles  :rolleyes:  ;D

kitbasher

Your glasses prescription is now legal in Canada and Germany  ;)