Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on

Started by NARSES2, April 21, 2012, 02:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 10, 2023, 06:14:13 AMStill no modelling  :-\  However I got my photos sorted for my new passport this morning and all I can say is that without glasses on it's a case of "move over Boris Karlof". I know passport photos are by tradition "iffy" but these are just  :-\  I'll probably get a luggage surcharge just for the bags under the eyes ! Geez I'm getting old.  :banghead:

LOL!! I know the feeling
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on January 11, 2023, 10:50:10 AMJust match your appearance with an appropriate amount of old git's grumpiness and you'll be fine.  ;D

Been doing that for years  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Well after a month or so I actually picked up a paintbrush and scalpel again  and got a couple of hours work done on the Hornet :thumbsup:  The Mo-Jo seems to have returned, which is a nice feeling  ;D

The Hornet is quite a slow build as it requires a lot of test fitting and trimming, sanding of parts before committing to glue, but it will get there in the end. So I've decided that I'll dig one of my more "shake and bake" kits out of the stash so that I can work on that while glue/paint is setting and therefore not run the risk of losing my Mo-Jo again  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 17, 2023, 06:29:10 AMWell after a month or so I actually picked up a paintbrush and scalpel again  and got a couple of hours work done on the Hornet :thumbsup:  The Mo-Jo seems to have returned, which is a nice feeling  ;D

The Hornet is quite a slow build as it requires a lot of test fitting and trimming, sanding of parts before committing to glue, but it will get there in the end. So I've decided that I'll dig one of my more "shake and bake" kits out of the stash so that I can work on that while glue/paint is setting and therefore not run the risk of losing my Mo-Jo again  :thumbsup:

Great progress and plan, Chris!  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Now't to do with modelling, but considering all the bad publicity HM Passport Office were getting last year I thought I'd give them a bit of credit.

I applied for my new passport exactly two weeks ago and after all the horror stories in the "popular press" last year about 6/9 month waits I was wondering if I'd get it in time for my Sicily trip in May. Well it arrived this morning, so 2 weeks from start to finish. It's not unusual either as a friend's took exactly the same amount of time.

You do wonder if a lot of these "horror stories" are basically brought about by people's inability to either follow a a process through thoroughly or an inability to read some fairly simple instructions ? Whatever it saddens me  :-\

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 18, 2023, 05:45:39 AMYou do wonder if a lot of these "horror stories" are basically brought about by people's inability to either follow a a process through thoroughly or an inability to read some fairly simple instructions ? Whatever it saddens me  :-\

Given that I work with folks (with fancy initials after their names) that have an inability to follow simple instructions, I'd say it's more that than the bureaucracy.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Continuing to make progress on the Hornet and got another 3 hours or so done today, in two sessions, That's about the most I can manage nowadays before my body, mainly my eyes, suggests, nicely at first, that it's time to go pick up a book, listen to music, watch MOD before they have to start getting a little more forceful with their requests.  :rolleyes:

The Hornets actually been quite a nice kit with which to stimulate my mo-jo. It's certainly not shake and bake, but the amount of effort required in order to build it is just enough to remind your hands and brain what its all about.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Did you find that hefty step between the engine nacelles and the upper wing surfaces that I found during my Hornet PR5 build Chris?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 22, 2023, 06:13:49 AMDid you find that hefty step between the engine nacelles and the upper wing surfaces that I found during my Hornet PR5 build Chris?

Nope, fit was almost perfect Kit. The nacelles needed a little sanding but that was it.

PR19_Kit

How strange, I wonder if they've upgraded the mould? Their own test build showed the same step as I had on mine.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

"Best laid plans of mice and men"  :angel:  No progress at all this week as the real world interfered. Still I've got a lot out of the way during the course of this week, so possibly make some progress next week, touching all the wood going  :rolleyes:

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 27, 2023, 06:12:51 AM...touching all the wood going  :rolleyes:

This is exactly why I see to have wooden interiors in cars..  :rolleyes:

NARSES2

Very little done again, but I saw my doctor yesterday for my annual diabetes review and the results were great  :thumbsup:  Indeed I may no longer be diabetic so she asked me if I wanted to stay on the Metformin or not.  Agreed to stay on the minimal dose as we decided it may be that that's keeping my results as they are and look at it again in 6 months.

She also told me that my Vitamin B12 levels are low, which explains the other symptoms I've got and that a 3 month course of Folic Acid pills will sort that  :thumbsup:  It's probably been the low B12 that's led to a lack of general progress as that could explain why I've been feeling unduly knackered and listless for a while now.

So hopefully on the mend  :thumbsup:  You got to love the NHS, this countries greatest achievement  :bow:

Pellson