Watch out Klingons...

Started by deathjester, April 25, 2012, 03:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathjester

Now, I have learnt much from my recent Enterprise -1701-A comission.  So, after The Darkmaster's kind donation of a Polar Lights TOS Enterprise kit, it's time to crank up the imagination once again!  (If you listen carefully, you can hear Mrs Deathjester groaning at the thought of that)

What you will be seeing here is a lighted, modified Constitution class starship - USS Defiance.  She is a Starfleet Marine transport/C3 vessel, built from an unfinished attrition replacement spaceframe, and partially equipped with the sort of upgrades that Enterprise received at the end of her 5 year missions, but earlier, as a sort of semi testbed...

Primary hull lighting circuit just installed!

deathjester

Main sections ready for assembly:

Old Wombat

"Star Trekkin' across the Universe
Always goin' forward 'coz we can't find reverse!
... et al. ..."

;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 26, 2012, 09:30:14 PM
... et al. ..."

;D

Haha, they actually played that on R2 yesterday afternoon, I laughed and laughed.  ;D :lol:

Needless to say I can't get the darn thing out of my head now!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RussC

"I know this ship like the back of me hand', laddie..." clunk...splat. :blink:
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Gondor

Saw a great model at the Scottish Nationals over a decade ago when it was still held in Sterling before the move to Perth, it consisted of TOS NCC-1701 with the rear of one engine nasal buried into a fairly large space rock. The caption on the display base read "Captains Log, Found out that Sulu cant reverse for toffee" at least as far as I remember.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 26, 2012, 11:37:41 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on April 26, 2012, 09:30:14 PM
... et al. ..."

;D

Haha, they actually played that on R2 yesterday afternoon, I laughed and laughed.  ;D :lol:

Needless to say I can't get the darn thing out of my head now!  :banghead:

Heard that as well Kit, same reaction as you  ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Nice.  Is this the Phase II refit or something of your own making?

I've been thinking of getting hold of Revells new kits, especially the D7.  Not sure how to go about whiffing them, I had thought about Phase II for t'Enterprise.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

deathjester

Quote from: Mossie on April 27, 2012, 06:33:06 AM
Nice.  Is this the Phase II refit or something of your own making?

I've been thinking of getting hold of Revells new kits, especially the D7.  Not sure how to go about whiffing them, I had thought about Phase II for t'Enterprise.
This is going to be half 'n half: modified TOS Constitution, with TMP-era aztec decals.

Basically, Defiance started out as an unfinished, attrition-replacement spaceframe that was stored as just the framework of a ship.  When Starfleet started gearing up for possible conflict with the Klingons, the Starfleet Marines began agitating for a proper assault transport for their troops.  Thus the bare bones of NX-1707 was built from the ground up as a dedicated c3/assault vessel, incorporating most of the planned modernisations for the Constitution fleet.

The Revell Enterprise?  Well, I've seen pictures, seems to have very deep engraving...and it is 1/600 scale - none of the aftermarket parts/decals I've seen will fit - might have to print your own!

deathjester

Well chaps, she's fairly flown together - ship all finished, just gotta make a suitable base...

RussC

Set phasers for Amaze and target the forum, wide field.  :bow: :bow: Nice build!
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

noxioux

Did you cannibalize the Polar Lights refit aztec decals?  Looks pretty darn good.  I just ordered a set of Aztec Dummy masks for the Constitution, D7 and NX in 1/1000. . .

Constitution looks great that way. :wub:

gofy

In my opinion, British, Canadian, or USAF markings make things look so much better...

Cobra

Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You did a TOP NOTCH,Sure you didn't Work for the studio Build! :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Mossie

Pretty!  The Aztecing sets it apart, along with those bright blue nacelles, nice!

Quote from: deathjester on April 27, 2012, 01:48:12 PM
The Revell Enterprise?  Well, I've seen pictures, seems to have very deep engraving...and it is 1/600 scale - none of the aftermarket parts/decals I've seen will fit - might have to print your own!

I've seen the lines and it doesn't worry me too much, I'm not a die hard fan.  Most of it is I begrudge paying the ridiculous amounts being asked for Sci-Fi kits in the UK, they just a put a pound sign on the dollar figure.  I'm glad Revell has released some kits that go for a reasonable price, rather than the ancient AMT kits that are nearly double the price.  I think they should be encouraged, even if the panel lines have come in for criticism and the D7 is labelled 'non-canon'.  After market bits will probably come around for them.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.