The Wooksta!: Not a Spitfire Blog - comments thread.

Started by The Wooksta!, May 01, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 22, 2019, 05:43:46 AM
What's your opinion of the Amodel Cobalt Valkyrie kit Lee ? As you say "it is a stunning looking aircraft" and I'm a little tempted.
Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 22, 2019, 08:14:31 AM
Grab it while you can.  It looks to be a fantastic kit to just build, albeit the usual limited run challenge.

Those rums are really kicking in now!

Sounds promising, I will have to look out for one in Perth!

As for rum, I'm working my way through a bottle of Red Leg this summer and enjoying it.

NARSES2

I note you've got some Blenheim's on the go Lee. Looking forward to them  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

On the go is a very loose term - I last did any work on them in 2017 when I was off on the sick.  They might - I emphasise the "might" - get a bit further for the Northern show if I get some more time to myself.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Thanks, Kit.

I did have a look on ebay, but the best I could find was a police XJS.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Be interested in seeing the 2 seat Firebrand but is it going to be a training or an operational aircraft ?

PR19_Kit

It's big enough for half a dozen seats!  :o

Like a UK Skyraider.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

I've just looked at the Firebrand in detail.  Kit is (of course) correct.  It's HUGE!   I suppose if the pilot gets stiff and sore, he can run around  in the interior to loosen up.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

Th Firebrand is likely to just be a prototype - I don't think that the Navy were too enamoured of the Firebrand as it was and Winkle certainly wasn't.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

I really, really do hope the Northern Show manages to go ahead this year as I'm dying to see some of the progress you are making. There's so much interesting stuff  :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

It was cancelled a week before lockdown - there's a thread on Britmodeller and I only found out myself a few days back as I wasn't at the club meeting when it was decided. Besides which, we know nothing about when lockdown conditions will be eased and early June for a show?  You've more chance of finding a nun in a knocking shop...

If - and I'm sadly of the opinion it's a VERY BIG "IF" - Telford goes ahead, then some of what I'm working on will be finished and brought down.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 16, 2020, 09:08:06 AM

If - and I'm sadly of the opinion it's a VERY BIG "IF" - Telford goes ahead....

You and me both. :(

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Cheers Lee.

I must admit I was very much hoping without much expectation. As for Telford ? I'm afraid you could be right  :-\

PR19_Kit

I'm intrigued to see how the 545 turns out.

It's fascinated me since I saw it at Cranfield when I was doing my HND Auto way back when. It had no canopy on it then, although the windscreen was in place and you could see right into the cockpit. It was VERY black, all over, and all the instruments had been removed so the panel was full of quite large holes!

The wing shape's interesting, very much like a Victor, or more likely the HP88, which had an Attacker based fuselage IIRC.

Re the burner nozzle, didn't it protrude through the rear of the fuselage somewhat? If so it'd need to be smaller I'd have thought.

Regards
Kit