The Wooksta!: Not a Spitfire Blog - comments thread.

Started by The Wooksta!, May 01, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Vulcans?  Part-started Matchbox one?  Do you mean Matchbox Buccaneer or Victor?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Yes, it should have said Victor.  Blame tiredness and lack of alcohol.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitbasher on July 30, 2020, 01:50:19 AM
An act of treason I know, but apols Lee the replies link is sending me to a place I don't recognise as being the forum.  At least not while my only tinterweb access this week is through my phone.

Victors, VC10Ks and Nimrods were not painted Desert Pink as they were already in Hemp.

Two 216 Sqn Tristars (subsequently nicknamed Pinky and Perky) had their fuselages painted Desert Pink.  The wings were left untouched, as was the case when the entire fleet went grey.  Something to do with the Lockheed warranty (honest).

Shiny 10 Sqn VC10s were not pinked up.

All fixed now.

Pity about that, I suspect it may be a bit more interesting, although for reasons of quality  (or rather the lack of it), Valiant is going in a dark scheme of Dark Sea Grey and Dark Green over Light Aircraft Grey.  Should hide the poor surface quality (which I am attempting to fix) and the poor build quality.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

IMHO I'd say doing a two point tanker Valiant BK.1 in that scheme (one not too far from the Valiant's 'retirement scheme') is ideal JMN bait!
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Except the real ones had Medium Sea Grey uppers whereas I'm using Dark Sea Grey.  But then Vulcans went to Dark Sea Grey so I don't see why whiffed late service Valiant K.1A shouldn't either...

I've gone looking for Valiants on ebay - I was only looking for decals - have you seen the prices?

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Exactly my point, Lee.  Also the MSG/DG  Valiant undersides were white, same as Victors.  Victors went from MSG/DG/white to Hemp + LAG.

PR19_Kit

Quote... that odd cable duct? around the main canopy....

IIRC that's the pipe from the refuelling probe to the main fuel system. All Valiants seem to have them, whether they have probes fitted or not.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 31, 2020, 02:09:01 PM
Quote... that odd cable duct? around the main canopy....

IIRC that's the pipe from the refuelling probe to the main fuel system. All Valiants seem to have them, whether they have probes fitted or not.

Exactamundo, Kit.

zenrat

Automotive knifing putty is cellulose based and will definitely attack styrene if used too heavily.  Indeed, if used in large enough volumes it can turn previously normal model kit parts into shapeless blobs.
You can probably guess how I know this.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

The thing that's intriguing me Lee, is where are you going to put all these V Bombers/Tankers ? You must have 6 or so on the go/planned at the moment ? Sorry but I've lost count.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Two Vulcans, a Valiant and possibly a trio - a Vic, even - of Victors.  There's thoughts of an additional Vulcan, as well as XM594 when the new tool comes out, but once those are done, I doubt I'll be doing the V bombers again. 

And yes, spacewise it's got me concerned too.

I'll have a look at boxes in Home Bargains.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

I've moved to cardboard storage boxes Lee.

Get them from this mob, good quality, value and excellent delivery http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/easipack

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Ta for the thought, but I'm wedded to the plastic ones, for strength issues and they're lees likely to suffer from damp or mould.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 04, 2020, 07:33:54 AM

What, sold your place in Croydon?

Theme for SME2021?  Yes I'm up for that, possibly more than one (of which one could of course be V-bombers, although for space reasons if all 1/72 only one model per contributor)?

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitbasher on August 04, 2020, 09:45:19 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 04, 2020, 07:33:54 AM

What, sold your place in Croydon?

They'd still be better than some of the houses in Sunderland, especially Pallion.  I know a bloke who had to go there for work and he said he had to wipe his feet after leaving the house...

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: