The Wooksta!: Not a Spitfire Blog - comments thread.

Started by The Wooksta!, May 01, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Had my boot stick to a floor last night when removing monitoring electronics, had to reef my foot up to remove it from the lino.

There is no animal on the planet that can live as disgustingly as some humans.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on August 04, 2020, 09:45:19 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 04, 2020, 07:33:54 AM
I've moved to cardboard storage boxes Lee.

What, sold your place in Croydon?

Theme for SME2021?  Yes I'm up for that, possibly more than one (of which one could of course be V-bombers, although for space reasons if all 1/72 only one model per contributor)?

Upper Norwood/Crystal Palace actually  ;)

Theme for 2021 ? Rather than V Bombers how about the 60's ? Then me and Kit can get some of our old "fab" gear out to wear  :angel: The 60's suggestion is serious by the way.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 04, 2020, 11:27:25 AM

They'd still be better than some of the houses in Sunderland, especially Pallion.  I know a bloke who had to go there for work and he said he had to wipe his feet after leaving the house...

My maternal granny used to live in Pallion, mind you all those old houses were knocked down eons ago.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 05, 2020, 12:12:13 AM

Theme for 2021 ? Rather than V Bombers how about the 60's ? Then me and Kit can get some of our old "fab" gear out to wear  :angel: The 60's suggestion is serious by the way.

I'm pretty sure I'd not be able to get into my 'Fab Gear' any more, I'm nigh on 15 stone now and I was 11 back then!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 04, 2020, 08:55:38 PM
Had my boot stick to a floor last night when removing monitoring electronics, had to reef my foot up to remove it from the lino...

I've been in many night clubs where that happened...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 05, 2020, 03:48:07 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 05, 2020, 12:12:13 AM

I'm pretty sure I'd not be able to get into my 'Fab Gear' any more, I'm nigh on 15 stone now and I was 11 back then!  :o

Yea, I was 9 stone then, 13 stone now. Still got one of my two tone tonic mohair suits though, although that may have been 1970 ?  ;)

zenrat

Does Mr Muscle affect any filler or putty on the model you are stripping?

My preferred stripping solution (brake fluid) tends to eat filler as well as paint.  This could be a problem on a Matchbox Victor.  Although I dread to think how much brake fluid i'd need to submerge one...

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 14, 2020, 04:38:25 AM

My preferred stripping solution (brake fluid) tends to eat filler as well as paint.  This could be a problem on a Matchbox Victor.  Although I dread to think how much brake fluid i'd need to submerge one...

Not to mention the size of the tank!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 14, 2020, 04:53:43 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 14, 2020, 04:38:25 AM

Not to mention the size of the tank!  :o

We have a kiddies paddling pool in the garage.  You could probly strip a 1/72 Peacemaker in it...
Fred

The Wooksta!

I haven't used Mr Muscle to strip stuff that often - oddly, two Victors and a Spitfire 22 - but it may attack filler.  Fairy Power Spray did, but you can't seem to get that any more.  At least, I haven't seen it and I have been looking.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Thanks Lee.  I'm always open to alternative strippers.
Fred

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on August 14, 2020, 06:44:37 AM
  I'm always open to alternative strippers.

Taken in isolation, that comment could be misunderstood!

When I've been using paint stripper to dissolve old glue on some ceramics I've repaired (lesson 1 is always clean off ALL the old crud before attempting any new work) I found painting on a thick layer and wrapping the item in tinfoil for a couple of hours helped.   Might this possibly save costs?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Quote from: Rheged on August 14, 2020, 07:05:08 AM

Taken in isolation, that comment could be misunderstood!..

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on August 14, 2020, 07:05:08 AM

Taken in isolation, that comment could be misunderstood!

On this Forum ????? Never !  :angel:

PR19_Kit

QuoteBesides which, Matchbox Canberras aren't *that* hard to find these days.

But would you want your daughter to marry one? :(

After building an Airfix PR9, the M'box one feels very second class, even though the Airfix one has some errors. The trouble is they're like hens teeth on the market now. :(

I love the MSG/PRU Blue idea though, very 'Photo Recce' indeed.  :thumbsup:

With B type roundels underneath?

Regards
Kit