The Wooksta!: Not a Spitfire Blog - comments thread.

Started by The Wooksta!, May 01, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

No roundels underneath.  I've just got to remember where I've stashed it - it's in a Fujimi Spitfire box so it could be tricky...

I never did get an Airfix one but did get a couple of B.(I)8s.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

How do the open airbrakes on the Matchbox/Revell Victor fit?
Can't tell you yet as I was going to leave them off until i've painted it.  Through offering them up they look to fit OK although if I was a betting man i'd put money on them being at different angles to each other if fitted straight onto OOB mountings.
The reason i decided to build it with them deployed was that I figured it would be easier than getting them to fit closed.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

They'll fit closed but sink too much, so either a skim of filler or thin plastic card to brint the surface back to the required depth.  I've had to do it on all three.

Hateful, hateful kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

Yeah, i'm certainly in no hurry to ever build another.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

The only one I have left - albeit with the refuelling bits missing - is slated for disposal to any gullible sap willing to part with 15 notes.

It's by far the worst of the first generation 72nd injection V bombers.  The Mach Poo Valiant is an easier build, and that's saying something!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

QuoteIt does leave me with a Vulcan free to do other things with.

I've got all the spare bits from the Vindicator Vulcan with me, and it'll be in the post in the next few days for you too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

IIRC that '...dirty great hole...' in the Victor's belly is the correct size for a Vulcan Blue Steel adaptor panel, minus a bit.

As the missile had to hang nose down aboard the Victor to clear the bump under the nose I planned to cut and shut the Vulcan panel to sit at an angle.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Lee I've lost count of how many Vulcan's you are currently building. But I was wondering if you have any plans for the new tool Airfix one when it's out ?

And that's even before you get your AZ Hornets  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

There's 1 Vulcan ready for paint, the salvage one needs one final primer coat, the RAAF one needs a few small bits and the bay doors adding before priming.  The two Skybolt A/F ones are assembled and at the PSR stage and the 6th isn't far off airframe assembly as the component work is done.

I'm planning on at least one, but possibly two of the new ones.  One is to do XM594 from the box, but with the 200 series exhausts and 44 Sqn markings in a DSG/DG wraparound from "The Last Flight on XM594"  and the other...  Well, just to tuck away, I suppose.  All the older tool ones are allocated for whiffs or conversion to either Atlantic (there's two for that) and/or Vulcan B1/B1As.

The AZ Hornets are intended as RW ones..  Notification from ebay says the two on order from a Czech seller (possibly AZ themselves) are on their way.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 17, 2020, 09:18:06 AM

The AZ Hornets are intended as RW ones..  Notification from ebay says the two on order from a Czech seller (possibly AZ themselves) are on their way.

My first one will be in SEAC colours, and I may do one of my Special Hobby Sea Hornets as BPF. Partly to compare the ease or otherwise of the builds. Interested to see how long they take to get here.

I've no idea where you're going to put the Vulcan's Lee. I'd struggle to accommodate one, although the new tooling does look nice  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

IIRC, the SH Sea Hornets don't have the wing fold lines or mechanism.  It was yet another strike against that inaccurate parcel of dog turds.  You'd be better off trying to find either of the Skybirds ones for that, because all of his Hornet kits - RAF and RN - came with the wing fold lines/blisters.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Only in the Czech Republic, but according to a post on Britmodeller some stores in Holland have them, so I suspect that the Lowestoft thieves have them by now as well.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Four versions, all listed as 'Future Releases' at £20.69 if you back order them.

October release, they say.

Regards
Kit