The Wooksta!: Not a Spitfire Blog - comments thread.

Started by The Wooksta!, May 01, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

If you are looking for markings for the SR version of the Victor I may be able to help Lee.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Lost Cosmonauts

Glad it is coming together (even if it seems to be utterly unwilling to cooperate) - plans for the lumps, bumps and finish sound interesting
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

zenrat

Sometimes you have to step back and assess whether the compromises, and the amount of extra work, you are making to get working features working are worth it.
Only you can answer that, but IMO they usually are for the smug feeling you get when it's all finished and you play with it.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Lost Cosmonauts

The plans for the AW171 sound interesting. What do have in mind for wheels instead of the pogo stick arrangement?
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

NARSES2

Glad your making progress Lee. Looking forward to seeing some of these at Telford  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Gondor on August 14, 2022, 11:32:07 AM
If you are looking for markings for the SR version of the Victor I may be able to help Lee.

Gondor

Please, they would be very useful.  Think I only need the unit markings.

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on August 16, 2022, 12:12:24 AM
The plans for the AW171 sound interesting. What do have in mind for wheels instead of the pogo stick arrangement?

I was thinking Lightning legs for the maingears, retracting forwards and a twin nosegear.  You've put the bays there, so I don't have to do any grouting out.  I may have to do some filling and rescribing instead, making a larger closed door for the mainwheels, that's only open on cycling.

On reflection, I think the maingears might have to be shorter and a long nosegear, as it would need a fairly high angle of attack for take off.  Or rocket assist.

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 16, 2022, 06:07:54 AM
Glad your making progress Lee. Looking forward to seeing some of these at Telford  :thumbsup:

Not sure what's coming yet.  Definitely the Swallow, the P8 T-bird and the naval P.1121, possibly a pair of Lightnings and the supersonic Huntsman.  Really want to look at the proposed build list to get it under some sort of control and ideally into single figures.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Lost Cosmonauts

Re: Telford schedule - I'm busily trying to get the house done before Autumn so I don't think I've got headspace to spring any particular surprises on you for a little while. I'd hoped to get all of F155T types done this year but...

Still interested to see how the Aero 698 build is coming along as well. Any plans for it to make the journey south?

The Wooksta!

It stalled.  Know where it is and I can try and clobber it together.  Just needs some sanding.

I had hoped that we may see the Armstrong Whitworth one, or possibly the Blackburn Puffin by the end of the year.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 16, 2022, 06:33:28 AM

Gondor

All packaged and ready to go into the post tomorrow evening Lee

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Gondor on August 17, 2022, 11:06:15 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 16, 2022, 06:33:28 AM

Gondor

Gondor

Champion!  Hopefully it'll by ready for Scale Scotland.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 17, 2022, 11:05:12 AM
It stalled.  Know where it is and I can try and clobber it together.  Just needs some sanding.

I had hoped that we may see the Armstrong Whitworth one, or possibly the Blackburn Puffin by the end of the year.

Oh those, I can certainly get both of those done and out to you in well good time for a Telford finish line.

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 17, 2022, 11:08:22 AM
Quote from: Gondor on August 17, 2022, 11:06:15 AM

Gondor

Champion!  Hopefully it'll by ready for Scale Scotland.

That's in 38 Days time Lee and the decals should be at yours Saturday.

Gondor

The Wooksta!

Primer should be on it at the weekend.   The Red Drover aerial had to come off. Something weird happened.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Good to see the photo Lee  :thumbsup:  Also good to hear you are ahead of schedule  :thumbsup:  I haven't even got a schedule this year, and I don't mean that as a joke  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

By schedule, I'm just comparing where I'm up to compared to last year.

Bigger pic of Vanquish, although it's a good ten days behind where it actually is.  The Lightnings behind should be a good size comparison.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: