The Wooksta!: Not a Spitfire Blog - comments thread.

Started by The Wooksta!, May 01, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Cosmonauts

These builds are certainly sounding intriguing, lots to look forward to when they're all done
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

PR19_Kit

QuoteNext on the rotating carousel is another Ta 152H, but an H-11 recce fighter with an upright camera. I really can't see the use for an oblique camera on a high altitude aircraft.  Kit may have other opinions. [/quote}

They could take pics while they're turning maybe?  ;D  ;)

Hmm, the 'unquote' command doesn't work.   :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 29, 2024, 02:06:39 AM
QuoteNext on the rotating carousel is another Ta 152H, but an H-11 recce fighter with an upright camera. I really can't see the use for an oblique camera on a high altitude aircraft.  Kit may have other opinions. [/quote}

They could take pics while they're turning maybe?  ;D  ;)

Hmm, the 'unquote' command doesn't work.  :banghead:

Works fine Kit. Didn't help that there was a [/quote] hiding at the bottom of the text box which probably caught you out and nearly did me until I Previewed my reply.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitbasher

The Ta152C is a handsome beast, even better looking  than an FW190D-9.  Looking forward to one day seeing my captured FW190D-15 model alongside your build.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

All of the 190Ds are attractive aircraft, especially those with a Ta 152 fin.  There's a few legacy builds to play with.  I've long wanted to do an S based on a D-12 but with a Ta 152 fin.  I need to draw up some kind of...plan perhaps, to try to keep track of all of them.

And now a bloody Mistel of all things has popped into my head.  I have enough bits kicking about to do it. There was one mugged up by the RAF for Farnborough in '45, but I think I can come up with something better.  IIRC there was one planned using a Ta 152.  I think there is the lower component of a Ju 388 in the loft, although what popped in was a Fuhrungsmaschine.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 29, 2024, 04:08:18 PM.........., although what popped in was a Fuhrungsmaschine.

Ah yes, the Luftwaffe's interpretation of my First Rule.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

I am having severe problems keeping all the versions apart, and added to that, I'm also not sure if any of the versions mentioned is a whif in the meaning it never even existed on paper. Or so we think at least. Confusing.  :o
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

With regard to your legless project builds Lee, I am fairly sure that eduard in their Brassen range do FW 190 undercarriage legs.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

They do but they're a bit pricey.  Eduard do a "Small parts" overtrees boxing, which essentially a 190 kit sans airframe.  Exceptionally good value for what you get, but the postage is exhorbitant.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Neat use of reference's for the Squadron markings and codes for the Tempest Mk.II Lee, just the kind of thing I like.

Gondor

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 02, 2024, 04:31:00 AMThey do but they're a bit pricey.  Eduard do a "Small parts" overtrees boxing, which essentially a 190 kit sans airframe.  Exceptionally good value for what you get, but the postage is exhorbitant.

Surely as you are probably buying them by the dozen the postage is spread over a few builds?
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

The Wooksta!

Had I enough spare cash or the need, I'd buy enough to qualify for free postage.  Think it's over £100.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 14, 2024, 03:32:11 PMWay back in post #332, I mentioned an Academy D-9 with a Ta 152 tail and a plain top cowl.  I had thought of a post war RAF scheme, and there is a second to play with, but whilst I wrote the back story I never did anything with it.  Fast forward to now and it gets a camera fairing as an FR one.
I consider it as the upper component for the Fuhrungsmaschine instead of a Ta 152, but I have moulds for the relative parts so can do it again.  There is another Ta 152 tailed D-9 to play with elsewhere.  A Ju 88G-10 as the lower component of a Mistel S3C is possible.  I did cast the fuselage a few days back.

With or without the Mistel arrangement, do it!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

I moulded the Ta 152 tails I had, and I have a good stash of Tamiya D-9s.  The D-11 upper cowl I have won't fit it without surgery and I really don't need to buy any more. I will be doing a D-9 with the underside recce pack too.

The reason I though about it for the Mistel was the lack of cowl guns - they were taken out to save weight.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor