The Wooksta!: Not a Spitfire Blog - comments thread.

Started by The Wooksta!, May 01, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

You are quite probably aware of this already, but THE AEROPLANE March edition has a special section on what they call The Avro Heavies with a pull out poster of PA474, and pix of all of its various colour schemes from 1943 to date.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

I do now.  I'll have a look when I get some free time on monday.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

You seem to be on a bit of a run with all these 4 engined types Lee, although as stated previously storing them could be fun ? Also will you be getting extra space at this years Northern Show ? Be good to see a selection of them in the flesh so to speak.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

TBH, they were assembled some years back and I just want them done and out of the way.  It's a nice change from Spitfires.

Extra space at the show?  It'll fill out the SIG table in case of no shows.

The real thing that's holding several up - the Merlin 85 ones anyway - is a lack of props.  I've a set of Aeroclub 4 blade Merlin props, intended for the Halifax and they're an ideal fit for the Merlin 85 cowls I have.  Try getting them now though!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

I note your comment re "where the hell am I going to keep them all ?". Well I can't even work out how you get them in and around your work area let alone where they will go when finished ?

There does seem to be some nice looking Lancasters in the mix though  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

I have visions of Lee's model room with RACKS of shelves up the wall laden with Whiffed Spitfires, and then a mezzanine floor for the big stuff.  ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I blame you Lee, but all this talk of heavies got me looking through the stash the other day and I discovered a vacform Vickers Windsor, and then I found another one  :o

Now do I, or don't I ?  ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 30, 2019, 03:22:29 AM

I blame you Lee, but all this talk of heavies got me looking through the stash the other day and I discovered a vacform Vickers Windsor, and then I found another one  :o

Now do I, or don't I ?  ;)

That Windsor's a hell of a kit, the word 'kit' is used here in its widest possible terms of course. Everything in it is long and thin, fuselage, wings, tail, Everything. Plus it's a Contrail, so I'm not sure anything more need be said.....  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Chris, I can sort out some resin engines for it - Sangar never quite finished the moulds and the engines are a bit... bare, to say the least.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 30, 2019, 04:21:01 PM
Chris, I can sort out some resin engines for it - Sangar never quite finished the moulds and the engines are a bit... bare, to say the least.

Cheers Lee. If I decide to I'll have a word with you before Northern show  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

I note you mention the B-29 possibly getting two Tallboys ? Sounds interesting, where do the Tallboy's come from originally ?

PR19_Kit

Colin Frieghtdog does a lovely resin Tallboy, I used one under my Time Warp TSR2 (the one with the gun turrets.....  ;D)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

What's your opinion of the Amodel Cobalt Valkyrie kit Lee ? As you say "it is a stunning looking aircraft" and I'm a little tempted.

The Wooksta!

Grab it while you can.  I've played a bit with the larger components earlier - slightly the worse for several (large!!!!) rum and cokes in the beautiful bank holiday sunshine - and it looks to be a reasonable fit.  It looks to be a fantastic kit to just build, albeit the usual limited run challenge.  Nothing that anyone with a few Special Hobby or RS kits under their belt couldn't handle. I'm really looking forward to it and I'd lie to have it done for Telford - although I still have that Avis American Gyro Co Crusader to finish and I want that done becuse it's just so... Unique?

Those rums are really kicking in now!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: