The Wooksta!: Not a Spitfire Blog - comments thread.

Started by The Wooksta!, May 01, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 17, 2020, 05:24:06 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 16, 2020, 02:09:50 AM
I'm enjoying the rest.

Yup, we are lucky in that we have a hobby. It's the people who don't who are struggling. William Hills (a UK Bookmaker) are taking bets on table tennis for heaven's sake  :banghead:

For some people gambling IS their hobby.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 18, 2020, 05:32:37 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 17, 2020, 05:24:06 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 16, 2020, 02:09:50 AM
I'm enjoying the rest.

Yup, we are lucky in that we have a hobby. It's the people who don't who are struggling. William Hills (a UK Bookmaker) are taking bets on table tennis for heaven's sake  :banghead:

For some people gambling IS their hobby.

I would never call it a hobby mate, but I know what you mean.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Foe a mate of mine, it's his living.  He's having to work at ASDA at the minute.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

On the subject of the P.1121 being called the Hurricane, I can recall seeing that name for it in an article in Flying Review International some time in the 70s, so it goes back a long way.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

You want Matchbox Meteor instructions, Lee?  I can scan and e-mail if you want.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Ta for the offer but I need the kit itself anyway.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

If I was at home you could have had a few of them, I think I had six at the last count. Sadly they're 120 miles from me at the moment. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Newcastle Uni didn't have a squadron of its own, but there was, and still is, a Northumbian Unis Air Squadron. See here for more info

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northumbrian_Universities_Air_Squadron

And would a Proctor actually get airborne with a pair of Vickers K guns aboard, let alone some bomb racks!  :o

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

It might with only two crew and a half tank of fuel.  They only have to take off, fly to the perimeter, drop a few bombs (and these are just the small bombs that fit under the back of a Blenheim fuselage) - although grenades and hand dropped mortar shells may be more fun - on Rashid Ali's bunch of stormtrooper wannabes before flying home for tea and crumpets.

I'll have a look at that link later on the laptop - the mac is getting old and doesn't like quite a few websites.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

My Dad was there during the siege, and they dropped ALL those things you mentioned, and others as well.  ;D

The Audaxes of 4FTS would take off before dawn and fly back into the desert behind the enemy's lines, wait till the Sun came up and then flew back to Habbaniya over the enemy guns, and coming from out of the Sun, dropped whatever they had, and then landed back at base.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Well as part of the anti invasion plans of 1940 Magisters, and no doubt other training types, were to be equipped with those light bomb racks and as well as A.P. bombs they were to carry gas bombs if the order had come through.

Indeed RS do a kit of one such aircraft, and I've built it  :thumbsup:

They might have also been able to carry one, possibly two, of the gas dispensers which were built and tested.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

According to collective nouns.biz the collective noun for hunters is a blast.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on May 30, 2020, 02:56:47 AM
According to collective nouns.biz the collective noun for hunters is a blast.

I think we had a discussion about collectives some time ago.  I can remember "A Thunder of Lightnings", "A Swarm of Mosquitos.......also works with Gnats"  "An Arena of Gladiators"    One might also add "A Devastation of Lancasters"    Rather than infect Lee's thread with drift virus, should we really do him the courtesy of carrying this on elsewhere on the site?...........although I am tempted to ask for your entries in the search  for "An Incompetence of.............."
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Quote from: Rheged on May 30, 2020, 03:24:50 AM
...I am tempted to ask for your entries in the search  for "An Incompetence of..."

...world leaders.
Fred

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on May 30, 2020, 03:38:19 AM
Quote from: Rheged on May 30, 2020, 03:24:50 AM
...I am tempted to ask for your entries in the search  for "An Incompetence of..."

...world leaders.

I was thinking of aircraft types, but I'll accept that!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet