The Wooksta!: Not a Spitfire Blog - comments thread.

Started by The Wooksta!, May 01, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Glad to hear Uncle Frank is opening up again Lee  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on May 30, 2020, 03:24:50 AM

...I am tempted to ask for your entries in the search  for "An Incompetence of..."

Lerwicks? Bothas? Prentices?

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 30, 2020, 05:58:58 AM

...I am tempted to ask for your entries in the search  for "An Incompetence of..."

All good candidates!  I should imagine that Lee would accept "an incompetence of Unicraft!  too.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kitbasher

Quote from: Rheged on May 30, 2020, 06:20:25 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 30, 2020, 05:58:58 AM

All good candidates!  I should imagine that Lee would accept "an incompetence of Unicraft!  too.

Oooh, I think harsher, potentially more Anglo-Saxon terminology may apply there!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 30, 2020, 05:45:23 AM
Glad to hear Uncle Frank is opening up again Lee  :thumbsup:

Probably only three days a week, until things return to relative normality.  My shopping list is growing exponentially as we speak.

As for thread drift - that's the whole point of this thread.  It allows for comment and distraction so as not to clutter up the main thread.  I'm the only one allowed to talk nonsense there, here is your perogative.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 30, 2020, 07:05:49 AM
As for thread drift - that's the whole point of this thread.  It allows for comment and distraction so as not to clutter up the main thread.  I'm the only one allowed to talk nonsense there, here is your perogative.

What a most courteous and civilised attitude!  Thank you, I will continue to drift and distract to the best of my ability.

zenrat

Drift on...

I've been thinking about the collective noun for Hunters.  Given they were probably named with a nod to fox hunting...

...a privilege of Hunters?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

A Flash of Lightnings

A Swash of Buccaneers - ARCHAIC (of a person) flamboyantly swagger about or wield a sword. "he swashed about self-confidently"

1: BLUSTER, SWAGGER
2: to make violent noisy movements
3: to move with a splashing sound, to cause to splash

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

I think a Superlative of Spitfires is far more appropriate.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

chrisonord

How about a  helmet of mosquitoes  :wacko:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gfQhbrBqM4sBXkVU6
See also jacket of  mosquitoes and  headlamp of mosquitoes
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

A crowd of Crusaders?

A bunch of Barracudas even.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

A   COMPETENCE OF CANBERRAS, on the basis that no matter what task it was given, it did pretty well at it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on May 30, 2020, 11:20:28 PM

A Swash of Buccaneers - ARCHAIC (of a person) flamboyantly swagger about or wield a sword. "he swashed about self-confidently"

Shows my age in that they describe Swash as Archaic  :-\ In the days of Saturday morning pictures a Swashbuckler was quite often the main feature and we'd all come out sword fighting with any stick/branch that came to hand  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on May 31, 2020, 05:05:57 AM

A   COMPETENCE OF CANBERRAS, on the basis that no matter what task it was given, it did pretty well at it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit